Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Bucketing down in Kilmainham for the last 40 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

peanuthead wrote: »
    Coming down heavy in Clondalkin again[/QUOTE

yeah and i was about to try go get some shoppin in was going to head to the mill i can forget about it i shall starve to death ha ha LOL
    WHO DO I BLAME
    the snow plough lads
    why
    on just drove by my house with the plough pointing up to the sky and no gritt coming from the back of it..........

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

Lashing it down in Glasnevin!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

heavy almost blizzard conditions in D8. great quality snow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Fairly bucketing down in D15 now. We're getting a serious pasting today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

Real heavy spell here for last 30 minutes and still going. Can barely see down the quays...when temperature starts to fall in a couple of hours the drive home is not going to be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

lightning too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Coming down heavy again in Lucan after a brief lull...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Sitec wrote: »
    Cosy!!:P

02122010126.jpg

i think i will do the same yeee haaaaa:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

02122010126.jpg

Can't the mods do something about this kind of offensive poster :rolleyes:

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

darkman2 wrote: »
    What side of Malahide are you on? Im a km or 2 further along the estuary. And there is at least 3cm here.

I'm on the Coast Road in Malahide. Roofs still clear, cars are only partially covered (very thin) and the whole paths and roads aren't covered, which I think is because of the direction the snow was falling here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just took a measure of the uninterrupted snow on the grass and we have 9cm of snow on the grass. Not bad for this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

weather report from navan the sun is shining and the snow is melting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Alicat wrote: »
    I'm on the Coast Road in Malahide. Roofs still clear, cars are only partially covered (very thin) and the whole paths and roads aren't covered, which I think is because of the direction the snow was falling here

If you walk past the Marina id say it's a different planet...even earlier there was much more covering then that on this side. You would be somewhat more exposed then I am though to the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

coming down quite heavy in east wall area of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Hey,

I have to go into town for work from 4-10. Is this advisable, comming from Thomas St...Also, I will be travelling by bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

4BECEEE16BF842C285FB032D91DBD4F1-0000328750-0002061232-00800L-2C932749510544FEA0F8A68BEFBE9317.jpg

6D1B8C8E24544064B2854B186E0EF21A-0000328750-0002061229-00800L-20C6E5A454674BB7BAC27E3F3DDCD7A2.jpg

Conditions in Blanch about an hour ago. IT'S STILL SNOWING! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

candy19 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have to go into town for work from 4-10. Is this advisable, comming from Thomas St...Also, I will be travelling by bus.

Check news updates and Dublin Bus website. Will be very icy this evening. Coming home I suspect buses may not be running because ice could be a major issue by then. Expect -13 tonight in parts of the midlands. Maybe -8 or-9C in Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

darkman2 wrote: »
    If you walk past the Marina id say it's a different planet...even earlier there was much more covering then that on this side. You would be somewhat more exposed then I am though to the sea.

Damn it :pac: I was meant to be moving to the other side of the village this week but the weather was too bad! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

candy19 wrote: »
    Hey,

From Thomas Street???

Where do you work??

Get into work ya bug wuss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Netanya

It's snowed here in kilcock since around 1130. What are our chances of getting more now that the wind has shifted?

It's probably a good thing that it's stopped it was getting pretty deep here. Around 8 inches or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

This was about 20 mins ago and since then it's been pelting down. Unbelievable stuff

162879_1549583938671_1207265074_31251293_6783987_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Could ye all imagine if the clouds cleared and it was actually 24 degrees celcius out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

02122010126.jpg

Nice...I like the juxtaposition of the head of beer and the head of snow on the table...very arty...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Could ye all imagine if the clouds cleared and it was actually 24 degrees celcius out :p

<post reported>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Don't be so silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

ah we need some cloud cover in navan to stop the snow melting:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Lucan has been getting lashed out of it for most of the day. Nice big flakes falling steadily now for the last 45mins or so. Total accumulation has caused the aerial on the roof of my wife's car to disappear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Because of the big R im resulted to this now though!:D
    02122010127.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

all this talk of the east coast gettin alot of snow, has ARKLOW moved somewhere else??? because we're not seeing any of the snow thats been forecast for the EAST COAST:confused:

EDIT: i'm goin to cry if we dont get more snow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement