Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

polyfusion wrote: »
    Really good satellite photo from 11:45 this morning:

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/realtime/single.php?T103361145

crefl1_143.A2010336114500-2010336115000.2km.jpg

EDIT: For anyone wanting a higher resolution image (250m), you can either go to the link above, and select the resolution on the left, or follow this link; be warned, is about 10MB in size:

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/realtime/single.php?2010336/crefl1_143.A2010336114500-2010336115000.250m.jpg

personally i'm getting sick of complaining at this stage, but in between cork there's snow and cork nada. how the fawk have we missed out in this fun, while a couple of miles west of us the place is covered?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Sunny in Lusk now, wonder if I'm back in the 'shadow'!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

UK Met office have a good band of precip across the country at 9.00am on Friday, presume its that bank off Donegal the moment.

uk_radar_20101202_033.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Don't forget Ice Road Truckers on History Channel tonight,you can pretend you're one afterwards.:D:D Hasn't snowed in Enniscorthy for a couple of hours,about a foot of it lying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Hmmm. Radar has been kind of weird the last couple of updates. Makes it rather marginal for where I am right now :( We'll see what happens, guess I shouldn't be greedy though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Planning my trip home from Belfast and plan to leave in next hour. any idea what ill be heading into? I drove through siberian conditions this morning on way up. has it improved or not? destination balbriggan, route M1(UK M1 that is) to A1 Junction, A1 to M1(ROI one) M1 to balbriggan.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ciaranm wrote: »
    Any way of estimating how long this might last, Doc?

Looking at the radar, if the winds stay as they are, maybe a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

just got the call from the boss man - no work tomorrow !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mmmuffin

Very heavy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Meteoalarm has gone back to red over the whole of the republic!! considering it was green this morn- is this a good website to go by??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Sunny in Lusk now, wonder if I'm back in the 'shadow'!

How much snow is on the ground there? Starting my commute home soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

think kilkenny has got all its going to get now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

Tallaght about 10 mins ago

tallaght1.jpg

tallaght2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Meteox have the wind direction off the east coast for about 6.00pm which is at odds with everyone else, it pushes a big band of precip back onto the east coast
    images.aspx?jaar=2010&maand=12&dag=02&uur=17&minuut=30&c=&lightning=1&type=expbld
    seeing as the image is unreadable

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

premiercad wrote: »
    just for those complaining regarding dublin airport, take your car out on the road accelerate to 180 miles an hour then brake within 2.3 kms.. :D now put some snow on the road and repeat..;)

and add a few tons to its weight....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

No snow in Waterford City today. Looks like the isle of Man shadow is even having an affect down here :mad: Temp -0.6c DP -2.7c

iomshadow.jpg

Live weather Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Anyone know if waterford airport is open and has it been closed at all? Cant find any info anywhere.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Peckham wrote: »
    How much snow is on the ground there? Starting my commute home soon!

Not a lot - roads and pathways no longer defined really so maybe 2-3 inches. Just starting to snow again now, pretty light though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Starting to snow lightly here, possibly re-emerging out of the IOM shadow on the Northern side of the precip. 0.7C/-0.9C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Thanks for the Snow Russia and best of luck with World Cup 2018!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Can barely see the houses across the road here in Artane, this monster blizzard has being going about 2.5 hours and judging by the radar only just the start really.

Gotta get out in it later, trying to do college work isnt fun :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Day after tomorrow stuff here in D4

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Thanks for the Snow Russia and best of luck with World Cup 2018!

did they get it??

the atlantic front better bring some snow. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

trogdor wrote: »
    Starting to snow lightly here, possibly re-emerging out of the IOM shadow on the Northern side of the precip. 0.7C/-0.9C

Hiya Trog

whats your verdict for the next while... really need to try get out & get to Tesco somehow......... supplies well depleated after 5 days of this .... Its started here Friday night so you can imagine the cabin fever lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just to make ye all sick here is beautiful sunny Galway

Link: http://www.galway.net/about/webcam/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eire celticbhoy

Any chance of a bit of snow coming west to Galway ,getting jealous of Leinster now :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Steady stuff here for over 2hours, spectacular stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

Russia did get World Cup 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

and Qatar 2022 World Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Cionád wrote: »
    and Qatar 2022 World Cup

:eek: No snow there.

Maybe by 2022 there will be.