Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Supercell wrote: »
    Day after tomorrow stuff here in D4

DayAfter-b.jpg

This is Sandymount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Just to make ye all sick here is beautiful sunny Galway

Link: http://www.galway.net/about/webcam/

HATE THAT!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

If anyone stuck for bags of snow salt.

Morgan Sports Solutions based in Swords are selling 25kg bags for €12.00 per bag, free delivery on orders over 5 bags.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Still snowing here in Rialto. I'm meant to be cycling over to a friend near Dorset Street this evening. Is this wise or even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Supercell wrote: »
    This is INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE stuff :D

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:eek: No snow there.

Maybe by 2022 there will be.

they have sand storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Why do people get in their cards without taking the snow off the roof...and then wonder why they end up swerving after it all dumps down on their windscreens??!! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Heavy snow still going in Malahide. Mental out here atm. Complete whiteout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Hiya Trog

whats your verdict for the next while... really need to try get out & get to Tesco somehow......... supplies well depleated after 5 days of this .... Its started here Friday night so you can imagine the cabin fever lol

Well i think winds over the sea will be turning gradually more Northerly, directing the current stream of showers which has been feeding North dublin in a more Southerly direction possibly towards us. But they will continue to turn further towards North still, until the showers run begin to run straight down the sea again (if there still are showers) by midnight. I expect to see a bit more snow here this evening but it's hard to know exactly how much, it depends really on how the showers form up. Temperatures will also begin to fall very sharply once the sun goes down (very soon) and it will be much colder than the last few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

dacogawa wrote: »
    DayAfter-b.jpg

This is Sandymount

You can't fool me.
    Sean Dunne never got planning permission for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

LID wrote: »
    Why do people get in their cards without taking the snow off the roof...and then wonder why they end up swerving after it all dumps down on their windscreens??!! :rolleyes:

they should clear there cars also:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

moggie4000 wrote: »
    If anyone stuck for bags of snow salt.

Morgan Sports Solutions based in Swords are selling 25kg bags for €12.00 per bag, free delivery on orders over 5 bags.

Cheers

They should be giving them away and sending the bill to Anglo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

1 tiny shower of snow here since the cold began. Sunshine, Bone dry, frozen solid.
    Looks like freezing rain is all we can look forward to ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Havn't been home since 9 this morning...
    Anyone know if there's heavy snow in the D7: Cabra/Ashtown area?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

trogdor wrote: »
    Well i think winds over the sea will be turning gradually more Northerly, directing the current stream of showers which has been feeding North dublin in a more Southerly direction possibly towards us. But they will continue to turn further towards North still, until the showers run begin to run straight down the sea again (if there still are showers) by midnight. I expect to see a bit more snow here this evening but it's hard to know exactly how much, it depends really on how the showers form up. Temperatures will also begin to fall very sharply once the sun goes down (very soon) and it will be much colder than the last few nights.

Yep - I can feel the change there now this evening... ice slicks by the morning.. Please God may they keep the schools closed one more day as I dont fancy any dangerous drama now in the morning ...... Bad enough on a frosty morning let alone compacted ice & snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Hi all just got home from leixlip to dundrum, M50 is moving well..
    Can,t get over all the snow here must be FOOT and still snowing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ViDuchie

Havn't been home since 9 this morning...
    Anyone know if there's heavy snow in the D7: Cabra/Ashtown area?

Stopped for well over an hour with nothing here. Just starting to spit down again now, but roads looked ok even during the worst (best) of it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

Consistent heavy snow for last few hours here. Sticking too - must be a good 4-5 inches out there!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Absolutely bucketing down, STILL, in Rathfarnham!

Just MENTAL here and has been, off and on, all day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

snow powders in carlow now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Yep - I can feel the change there now this evening... ice slicks by the morning.. Please God may they keep the schools closed one more day as I dont fancy any dangerous drama now in the morning ...... Bad enough on a frosty morning let alone compacted ice & snow

Well college is off again tomorrow for me:D to open any school in the area tomorrow with road conditions as bad as they're going to be would be very foolish..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Snowmaggeden in Balbriggan today. Blizzard snow/snow in general all day long. Coming down really heavy again now. Great stuff for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭Archeron

Temperature just plummeted here in Trim, Meath. The ice was starting to melt off the roof of the boiler shed in the garden, and off the roofs of houses, but just went out and in fifteen minutes, huge big icicles have formed everywhere
    Big evil looking cloud coming fom Navan too, but its moving really really slowly. Hasnt snowed here since at least 9am today (when I got up :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ViDuchie

ViDuchie wrote: »
    Stopped for well over an hour with nothing here. Just starting to spit down again now, but roads looked ok even during the worst (best) of it earlier.

scrap that picking up here.. nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

some of ye sound like your getting sick of the snow?? say it aint so, sure ye wanted blizzards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

A lone Garda with some passers by pushing cars up Gracepark Road a few mins ago, the road is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

Kids will remember this alright, havn't seen it like this since early 90's when i was 9-10, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Seems like rush hours has come early today, eastlink at a crawl already.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

This is officially epic now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Being snowing pretty much non stop in dublin 12 since about 11, apart from about 3 or 4 10 minute breaks. For the most part its being very heavy snow, just measured and theres 8 and half inches in my back garden (about 3-4 inches there before) This is unreal, and doesn't look like stopping anytime soon :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement