Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Crazy snow in D 16, has been for the past 30 min or so
    I'd say we have had another 2 inches since morning........

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Havn't been home since 9 this morning...
    Anyone know if there's heavy snow in the D7: Cabra/Ashtown area?

Considering the radar track, and the photo from Pheonix Park posted earlier, then the answer is a resounding YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Dumping snow now in Belarmine/Stepaside.

Wish it would just melt already... the novelty is wearing off fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 timmy89

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

[Tallaght]:

I'm scared

the snowman we made last night has dissapeared:(

My road has at least 12 inches of show:eek:

At least I have this free Gov. cheese to keep me alive:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

It's still milling down in D13 (Malahide Road end), has been for the last two hours or so. I went out just after 2pm and the snow was about 4 inches deep in the driveway and I've just realised that you can't see my footprints anymore! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Still bucketing down in Knocklyon, up to about 9 inches now. Insane stuff! :D

Most of the images on this http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/ haven't been updated in about 2 hours. Maybe they're afraid to show their failure! I'd say the whole city has stopped by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Starting again in Rosemount Ind est, Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Nearly a foot of snow outside my boyfriends house in Rathfarnham...have just been out the past couple hours...its real bad but great fun! Was sleighing down spiderhill....hundreds of people out! :D roads are ridiculous at the moment and it hasnt stopped snowing all day! Feel sorry for people who have to make their way home from work soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Nice big fluffy flakes falling in new shower here in D15. Coming down at a fair clip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Holy moley, lorries slipping sideways on the Eastlink !! Seriously scary stuff out there

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Seems like rush hours has come early today, eastlink at a crawl already.

What are the roads like around there Supercell, is it sticking? Was supposed to be heading into town tonight :rolleyes:

Edit: I think your last post answered my question!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Blood red sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

Rougies wrote: »
    Still bucketing down in Knocklyon, up to about 9 inches now. Insane stuff! :D

Most of the images on this http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/ haven't been updated in about 2 hours. Maybe they're afraid to show their failure! I'd say the whole city has stopped by now.

i tried looking the the stream videos and most of them are not showing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    some of ye sound like your getting sick of the snow?? say it aint so, sure ye wanted blizzards

We never get sick of it, more more more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Behind these houses you can usually see the rest of Dublin city, but for all I know it doesn't exist anymore!

5226737606_49e51a9ab9_z.jpg

5226143059_7330a5ef07_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    some of ye sound like your getting sick of the snow?? say it aint so, sure ye wanted blizzards

I'd fall in to that category. Mainly its because we only really got a taster of it down here and all we (outside the Pale) are reading is how great and blizzardy the conditions are up that way. Its pure jealousy really. I'd be happy to see it all gone now purely out of spite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

D11 is fairly mental, around botanics and ballygall. Fairly consistent snow all day and big grey clouds.

Gettin me in a festive spirit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

epic snow in drumcondra!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Blood red sunset.

Sunset? Does the sun even exist anymore?! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It's just lovely here :) Drinking tea, watching movies and the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Madness here today, it has been snowing pretty much since 9 this morning. Lots of very heavy showers, with the odd 10 min break.

The kids are loving it! Snow twice in the same year :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

5cms here in the last hour. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Unbelievable stuff! Do not come NEAR the city center by car if you can avoid it, its a disaster area!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I'd fall in to that category. Mainly its because we only really got a taster of it down here and all we (outside the Pale) are reading is how great and blizzardy the conditions are up that way. Its pure jealousy really. I'd be happy to see it all gone now purely out of spite ;)

That's how we felt when we were deep in the depths of the Isle of Man shadow monster and you were getting pasted ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Id say we got more than a "taster" of it down here, more like a 5 course meal yum yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

oh the sun exists alright

how accurate is accuweather?? it's saying cork is to get snow at 5 am tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Been snowing for at least the last 2 hours in D9, getting deep.
    I made a snowman for the little fella earlier and all the tracks in the garden are covered over. Will have to make a second snowman now :)

Pics from a earlier...
    IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Crazy snow in D 16, has been for the past 30 min or so
    I'd say we have had another 2 inches since morning........

Way more than that I reckon. OH cleared the drive, also D16 - and there's a fresh 1.5 inches in last hour alone :eek:

• Advertisement

Does anyone know of any live cams in Dublin city ???

(other than the guinness one http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement