Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

CSU wrote: »
    [Tallaght]:
    I'm scared
    the snowman we made last night has dissapeared:(
    Jaysus they'd steal anything not nailed down, wouldn't they? Bet you won't be so careless with the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Any news on the buses this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Cleared my deck of snow at 2:30pm. Completely covered now by an inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Summerhill co Meath.
    sun is shining.
    no snow since 10.30 this morning.
    between 7 an 11 inchs of snow around the village.
    road to Dunboyne not good,some spots very bad.
    road to Kilcock - ^ as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Feels like it hasn't stopped here in Rialto for about 4 hours. And doesn't look like it's going to anytime soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

As darkness falls over Dublin city it's going to be chaos on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Supercell wrote: »
    Holy moley, lorries slipping sideways on the Eastlink !! Seriously scary stuff out there

Those lorrie drivers need to cop on, you'd think
    the laws of physics dont effect them the way some
    of them shoot around in this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

lafors wrote: »
    Been snowing for at least the last 2 hours in D9, getting deep.
    I made a snowman for the little fella earlier and all the tracks in the garden are covered over. Will have to make a second snowman now :)

Pics from a earlier...
    IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

Nice Octavia

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any live cams in Dublin city ???

(other than the guinness one http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx)

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

kenmc wrote: »
    Jaysus they'd steal anything not nailed down, wouldn't they? Bet you won't be so careless with the next one.

He's probably after headin down to the Luas stop by the Square to bum a bit of change or a few smokes off the folks getting off the Luas, did you check down there for him???

• Advertisement

CSU wrote: »
    [Tallaght]:

I'm scared

the snowman we made last night has dissapeared:(

My road has at least 12 inches of show:eek:

At least I have this free Gov. cheese to keep me alive:rolleyes:
    He's probably after headin' down to the Luas stop by the Square to bum a bit of change or a few smokes off the folks getting off the Luas, did you check down there for him???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

mega amounts of snow in Tallaght got so much more than I
    wished for :eek: getting worried bout work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »

Sorry, I meant to say actual video cam. Been keeping on eye on that page alright, most of the m50 cams aren't updating. City center looks insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

city centre is at a standstill Connolly station packed already

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Proper insane, big flake snow over last 45mins ish. No sign of stopping. All the day's thawing wiped out. cars struggling. Nature taking hold stuff.....

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

luas red line tallaght reported to be broken down at museum outbound i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

this is madness! so much snow
    the sun was shining when i woke up then it started snowing and has barely stopped.

and for those of us in the east,remember, we're to get more snow from this system tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Gridlock, cars getting stuck on the East Link, people getting out to push them over the top. Can see the bridge getting closed at this rate.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭phonypony

Sorry, I meant to say actual video cam. Been keeping on eye on that page alright, most of the m50 cams aren't updating. City center looks insane!

http://www.allcladdagh.com/webcam.htm is good (when it works)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Gridlock, cars getting stuck on the East Link, people getting out to push them over the top. Can see the bridge getting closed at this rate.

Are you getting any footage Supercell?

• Advertisement

Looks like it's just about to kick off big time in Lucan Village again after a lull of about an hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I had planned to go out tonight (Dublin city centre) but I think I may have to cancel. I think I might just go out, starting to get cabin fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

Anyone know what the story is with the luas green line? Heard on radio there that its not goin any further than dundrum due to lil thugs throwin snowballs at it and makin mounds on the track.

Are buses still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

123balltv wrote: »
    mega amounts of snow in Tallaght got so much more than I
    wished for :eek: getting worried bout work

Unless you're self-employed, why would you be worried?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Annamoe Beag ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

Don't know if it was mentioned yet but Luas woes on the Green line
    16:00 hrs The Luas Green Line operating Sandyford to Brides Glen. There are delays from St Stephens Green to Sandyford due a technical fault at Milltown. This technical fault is being worked on and passengers should check back at 16:30 for further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Are you getting any footage Supercell?

My apartment is opposite the O2 so I have a perfect view of the utter chaos there. Sooner or later a lorry isnt going to make it over the bridge and its game over.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Heaviest Snow of this period so far in Firhouse. It is a total whiteout up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Easing up in donaghmede but looking at the radar....it's only for a while

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

left work at 2pm - no way was walking home

finglas, gone very dark but that might just be because its the winter, cannot believe much snow fell since i left this morning - roads are a disgrace

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement