Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

gandalf wrote: »
    Here is a picture of snow for all those without. Taken a few minutes ago in Firhouse (at the foot of the Dublin Mountains!).

137780.jpg

Its like that in Dundrum aswell, i cant see the tree's in front of my place for the last while. Snow is really heavy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

craggles wrote: »
    Where's the snow?

midnight to 6am tomorrow ;) look at the sky thankfully had none all week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Heyes wrote: »
    Its like that in everywhere in Dublin Dundrum

FYP

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SparklyEarrings

I'm getting mighty sick and tired of it all now. Had to walk home from Dublin city centre to Lucan yesterday because the shaggin buses came to a standstill. It took 3 hours. Took a snow day from work today but that cant continue. Anyone got the slightest idea when this weather will pass? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Dark angry looking clouds coming in over Wicklow town from the sea!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Snow has changed in the past ten mins, now huge big swirly flakes, as opposed to the smaller faster flakes all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I'm getting mighty sick and tired of it all now. Had to walk home from Dublin city centre to Lucan yesterday because the shaggin buses came to a standstill. It took 3 hours. Took a snow day from work today but that cant continue. Anyone got the slightest idea when this weather will pass? :(

that's some trek, I've done it in the summer but in this weather, WTF?!? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Saysha

Anyone think there'll be a slight shift in wind direction so that Enfield might get a taste of what Dublin's experiencing? Hasn't been even a flutter of snow here since the early hours this morn.

Am I right in thinking the radar is showing precip from roughly a NNE direction at the moment? Or have I got that completely wrong?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

30cm of snow here now (measured where it's flat and level), up from 21cm this morning. Still chucking it down!

Anybody with a dodgy attic conversion watch out!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Snowing again now in Trinity College...
    Not as heavy as before but much bigger and fluffier flakes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Alicat wrote: »
    Still going here :D very much a White-out.

Road from Malahide to Portmarnock has got slippy in the last hour ! Heavy hail and snow !

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Supercell wrote: »
    My apartment is opposite the O2 so I have a perfect view of the utter chaos there. Sooner or later a lorry isnt going to make it over the bridge and its game over.

SC, I pose the question .... If the friggin East Link is a paid commodity.... why the hell arent they out clearing it if you must pay to use the poxy thing ???????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

This is getting slightly ridiculous now...but its still epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

FYP

:D
    every where on the east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

that's some trek, I've done it in the summer but in this weather, WTF?!? :eek::eek::eek:

Why didn't you take the train to Adamstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Sky gone filthy here

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

why are men so stupid told my husband not to drive to dublin from kilkenny told him everything that was said here. car has now broke down on him when will they ever listen just cause it was nice aND bright here in kilkenny they always know better men:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Some amount of snow has fallen in the last 2 hours, i'd say around 2-3 inches.

Everything is at a standstill!

The NNE is the wind for here!:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Malahide - heavy, thick, fluffy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Jaysus. Thats some distance. I walked from Grafton Street to Finglas yesterday, and I though that was bad!

Hoping I won;t have to do it again today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Daemonic wrote: »
    330ml or 500ml bottle???? This is vital info ;)

Oh it's a tall 500ml :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Some amount of snow has fallen in the last 2 hours, i'd say around 2-3 inches.

Everything is at a standstill!

The NNE is the wind for here!:D:D

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Saysha wrote: »
    Anyone think there'll be a slight shift in wind direction so that Enfield might get a taste of what Dublin's experiencing? Hasn't been even a flutter of snow here since the early hours this morn.

Am I right in thinking the radar is showing precip from roughly a NNE direction at the moment? Or have I got that completely wrong?

Haha that's hilarious you're looking for more snow and the last time you had it was only a few hours back!:D We had one measly shower on Monday and that was it!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

NNE means what for us in meath? even less of a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

channaigh wrote: »
    why are men so stupid told my husband not to drive to dublin from kilkenny told him everything that was said here. car has now broke down on him when will they ever listen just cause it was nice aND bright here in kilkenny they always know better men:mad:

we all told him not to go as well, is he completely stranded or is help on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its happened, big truck stuck on east link, no way a friendly push is moving that

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SparklyEarrings

thomasj wrote: »
    Why didn't you take the train to Adamstown?
    I was halfway to Chapelizod when I realised that I could have done that, but I am a fair distance away from Adamstown too, more the Liffey Valley end of Lucan. Its a head melter, if this keeps up I will have calves the size of tree trunks, not a good look in the Christmas party frocks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Bright sunshine all day,hope the clouds head toward portarlington,could see them in the distance over dublin. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Bucketing down at the moment!

137783.JPG

137784.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Jean Byrne on RTE1 now talking about big freezes of the past!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement