Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I was halfway to Chapelizod when I realised that I could have done that, but I am a fair distance away from Adamstown too, more the Liffey Valley end of Lucan. Its a head melter, if this keeps up I will have calves the size of tree trunks, not a good look in the Christmas party frocks :(

Next time get train to parkwest or clondakin, it will save you a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

channaigh wrote: »
    why are men so stupid told my husband not to drive to dublin from kilkenny told him everything that was said here. car has now broke down on him when will they ever listen just cause it was nice aND bright here in kilkenny they always know better men:mad:
    tell him we said he's a clown. ;)

some people just don't listen. i've heard of people's bosses flat out denying that anything much is even happening (even tho they're sitting in the centre of it all) and making people work a full day in dublin city even with all the crap that's going on and then expecting everyone to drive/bus/train/walk hours in the snow to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Saysha

leahyl wrote: »
    Haha that's hilarious you're looking for more snow and the last time you had it was only a few hours back!:D We had one measly shower on Monday and that was it!!!:mad:

Sorry, I'm a snow-glutton :D Hope you get some soon too and join the epicness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

why are men so stupid told my husband not to drive to dublin from kilkenny told him everything that was said here. car has now broke down on him when will they ever listen just cause it was nice aND bright here in kilkenny they always know better men:mad:

I smell a domestic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SparklyEarrings

Next time get train to parkwest or clondakin, it will save you a bit.
    Thanks a million for the advice, not usually a public transport user and if I do its more the bus. Sorry to be so ignorant, does the Clondalkin train go from Heuston?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

vibe666 wrote: »

some people just don't listen. i've heard of people's bosses flat out denying that anything much is even happening (even tho they're sitting in the centre of it all) and making people work a full day in dublin city even with all the crap that's going on and then expecting everyone to drive/bus/train/walk hours in the snow to get home.

I'm still in the office :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Swords is meant to be very bad on the roads now. Chaos around The Pavillions, and cars abandoned on the hills around The Lord Mayors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Been snow boarding 10 years and have only seen heavier snow once or twice.....mad mad mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

vibe666 wrote: »

Fair play to the bosses I say, sure it's only a bit of snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Thanks a million for the advice, not usually a public transport user and if I do its more the bus. Sorry to be so ignorant, does the Clondalkin train go from Heuston?

Yep, you can get it to adamstown too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

AVOID THE EAST LINK AT ALL COSTS NORTHBOUND!! Artic is stuck and traffic is going nowhere.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

homolumo wrote: »
    we all told him not to go as well, is he completely stranded or is help on the way?

no he got a push got going again now a crash in front of him muppet he can be stranded in his mams now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Moderate snow starting here now, 0.6C/-0.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Graupel in Sandyford now, dying out though

no he got a push got going again now a crash in front of him muppet he can be stranded in his mams now

I would not like to be him right now! :eek:

How do I let aaroadwatch know about the east link jam ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

anyone know if laois will get any tonight

Ouch, someone's not getting all 'cosy' tonight...

Wow, just wow, those poor sods stuck out in that, must be at least 6 inches of new snow out there and utterly belting down still in D4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

So much snow!! HUGE flakes!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Yeah it goes from heuston, just ask at the information desk.

I got caught last year as usually take 25x or 25b now, so train is a great back up plan

Supercell wrote: »
    How do I let aaroadwatch know about the east link jam ?

Call them?

Here ya go:

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch.aspx
    • To pass on travel news
      Text us on 087 9726000
      Standard SMS rates apply
    • To pass on travel news
      Email us at roadw@aaireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

The only white flakes coming down here is off me head,must go wash it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Ouch, someone's not getting all 'cosy' tonight...
    not unless he turns round and heads back to kilkenny told him to stay where he is now wouldn't listen to anyone earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I wouldn't bother.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

UPDATE: since I last measured we've had 2 more solid inches in Rathfarnham... that's like an inch an hour... no sign of stopping... or slowing...

almost 11 inches on the roof of my car since midnight Tues... and we'd already had almost a foot at that point... so nearing 2 feet since it all started... maybe more!!!

EPIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bucketing down.

No one will be going anywhere tomorrow after the -12c freeze and incoming band in towards midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Spencer Dock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSj2dRoW6iI

The luas's are queing up at the Mayor Sq. Stop.. they cant seem to get beyond it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Snowing constantly since 3.30pm (well, that's wehn I got back from work), 6 inches of snow removed from steps, now an inch back on them.

A bus has broken down on the centre lane in-bound, and another bus slid into it. Big bang, and the operational bus took around 10 minutes to get disentagled.

Tail backs still in force

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    UPDATE: since I last measured we've had 2 more solid inches in Rathfarnham... that's like an inch an hour... no sign of stopping... or slowing...

almost 11 inches on the roof of my car since midnight Tues... and we'd already had almost a foot at that point... so nearing 2 feet since it all started... maybe more!!!

EPIC!

2ft? Doubt it somehow. 1ft here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement