Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Spare a thought for quite alot of people who will be walking home from the city tonight! Hotels in the CC will be packed to the rafters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SparklyEarrings

Yeah it goes from heuston, just ask at the information desk.

I got caught last year as usually take 25x or 25b now, so train is a great back up plan

Yep they are the buses that I would usually get, but is Adamstown not miles beyond Superquinn? Thanks so much for your advice, very much appreciated. Damn snow. I detest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

15621710150134876537388.jpg

40 minutes ago in Dublin 16. It's still coming down and shows no sign of stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

cronin_j wrote: »
    Spencer Dock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSj2dRoW6iI

The luas's are queing up at the Mayor Sq. Stop.. they cant seem to get beyond it

Why is it so LOUD?
    Any snow I've been out in has been eerily silent...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Yep they are the buses that I would usually get, but is Adamstown not miles beyond Superquinn? Thanks so much for your advice, very much appreciated. Damn snow. I detest it.

Yeah but better than walking from town !!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Spare a thought for quite alot of people who will be walking home from the city tonight! Hotels in the CC will be packed to the rafters.
    Just lighting my fire here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DOCARCH wrote: »
    2ft? Doubt it somehow. 1ft here.

Up in Stocking Wood and there's easily 2 foot here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SparklyEarrings

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Yeah but better than walking from town !!! :D
    Very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Any chance of a wind change and some fresh white stuff for Newbridge/Kilcullen. Not greedy but would love a little more just to top it off. Had bearly a flake all day today.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Mhh the Met Eireann outlook after tomorrow looks positively boring!
    Gradual thaw sounds boring as hell..better to have it all suddenly melt!

General : Mostly dry weather over the weekend and for much of next week. Daytime temperatures recovering a little, so some partial thaws, but still very cold at night with further hard frosts. Friday night : Cold overnight, but mainly dry and clear. Lowest temperatures zero to -4 C., with frost and ice in many areas. Some fog patches also. Saturday and Sunday : Mainly dry both days, but with some bright or sunny spells and just a few scattered showers of rain or hail, with possibly the odd snow flurry on high ground in the west and north. Highs of plus 1 to plus 5 or 6 C., highest in southwest and western coastal areas and a slight partial thaw is likely for a time each day. But the nights will still be very cold with temperatures down to between -2 and - 8 C., with further ice, frost and some freezing fog. Trend for next week : Mostly dry, cold, bright weather expected. Some sunshine most days with just well scattered rain or hail showers. Highs in low positive single figures in the first half of the week, rising a little later in the week, but still below normal. So some thawing next week, but gradual enough. But there will be cold nights throughout, with further frosts and icy patches, but these frosts not as severe as recent nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

No luas between Sandyford and Stephen's Green...ouch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

15621710150134876537388.jpg

40 minutes ago in Dublin 16. It's still coming down and shows no sign of stopping.

You must be on the opposite side of the M50 to me!
    Its still bucketing down here- flakes seem bigger than they were a while back

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Doubt it all you want!

We easily measured 17 inches+ on our garden table, and that had been cleared of 5-6 inches...

I may not be a professional maths person, but that's damn near 2 feet...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

East link bridge,conditions even worse now!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Mental snowfall in Malahide now - huge flakes. Continuing to pile up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Court of Criminal Appeal Closed tomorrow... now if they close the High Court I get another day off......... c'mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Hasnt stopped all day in D8, ranged from mad heavy(i believe thats the technical term!) to very light, snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

2 brave men spending tonight in igloo on Duncannon Beach in Duncannon raising money for RNLI
    See following link for more details
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056108038

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

@ Weathercheck

Are you in Bray? Greystones hasnt had any snow today but by your post you seem to be getting a pasting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

4Sheets wrote: »
    Mhh the Met Eireann outlook after tomorrow looks positively boring!
    Gradual thaw sounds boring as hell..better to have it all suddenly melt!

General : Mostly dry weather over the weekend and for much of next week. Daytime temperatures recovering a little, so some partial thaws, but still very cold at night with further hard frosts. Friday night : Cold overnight, but mainly dry and clear. Lowest temperatures zero to -4 C., with frost and ice in many areas. Some fog patches also. Saturday and Sunday : Mainly dry both days, but with some bright or sunny spells and just a few scattered showers of rain or hail, with possibly the odd snow flurry on high ground in the west and north. Highs of plus 1 to plus 5 or 6 C., highest in southwest and western coastal areas and a slight partial thaw is likely for a time each day. But the nights will still be very cold with temperatures down to between -2 and - 8 C., with further ice, frost and some freezing fog. Trend for next week : Mostly dry, cold, bright weather expected. Some sunshine most days with just well scattered rain or hail showers. Highs in low positive single figures in the first half of the week, rising a little later in the week, but still below normal. So some thawing next week, but gradual enough. But there will be cold nights throughout, with further frosts and icy patches, but these frosts not as severe as recent nights.

Thank God for that. We're due +8 down here in the Southwest tomorrow afternoon, should finally get rid of all crap lying on the footpaths and roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    again how accurate is accuweather?? saying cork is to get snow at 5 am tomorrow morning

have an exam tomorrow that i'm not ready for

My advice would be to spend the rest of the evening on boards posting the occasional comment to the 'Big Freeze' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Reckon we could have very close to a foot of snow here in Artane, 9 inches at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

In Leixlip and the army are coming!!

Unbelievable amounts of snow around, went for a walk with the dog down the canal and to Leixlip waterfall. Loads of pics which ill update in a bit. 19 inches sitting in my back garden where its sheltered,piled up by the walls over 2 feet, 14 inches on my drive which seen small thaws since the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

great, going to dublin weekend after next and all the snow will be gone:(

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

DarkJager wrote: »
    Thank God for that. We're due +8 down here in the Southwest tomorrow afternoon, should finally get rid of all crap lying on the footpaths and roads.

Not that there is much of that in the south west!!! a flake at most I'd say:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

All that activity in the Irish Sea and we are missing out on most of it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

I believe him - I had to dig car out this morning to get to work - upto yesterday morning we've had 12 ins - theres definitely another 12 inch today now. Neighbour with digger has been keeping estate road drivable - and it still comes down !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

The race is on to -10 . . serious frost hollow effect here now, down to -5 and eerily calm outside.

Bet villain will get there before me though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

keanooo wrote: »
    My advice would be to spend the rest of the evening on boards posting the occasional comment to the 'Big Freeze' thread.
    Or start studying!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement