Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

bassy wrote: »
    What's the record for Ireland ?.

The lowest air temperature was -19.1°C measured at Markree Castle, Co. Sligo on 16th January 1881 while the lowest observed 20th century air temperature was -18.8°C recorded at Lullymore, Co. Kildare on 2nd January 1979. The lowest observed grass minimum temperature was -19.6°C at Dublin (Glasnevin) on 12th January 1982 which was almost matched by the -19.5°C measured at Lullymore, Co. Kildare on 2nd January 1979.

We've a bit to go yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Ireland−19.1 °C Markree Castle, County Sligo 16-01 1881

according to wiki

You got your hopes up for tommrow sunbabe:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Very light little flakes falling here now in Mayo, I'm just outside Ballina town.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

-9 and -10 in a huge central zone in the country :eek: Thats some cold. its a relatively mild -3.4c due to a 10km/h NW wind here in Waterford City.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

dave1982 wrote: »
    You got your hopes up for tommrow sunbabe:rolleyes:

i'm not expecting much for tomorrow. my expectations are low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Right, can't keep lurking! Time for sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Mink wrote: »
    -10 to -11 on m4 between maynooth & kilcock

We're talking Tipp/KK here : I find it hard to believe that it's -12 in KK when it's only -5 here in Thurles.

Thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Dollseyes wrote: »
    Very light little flakes falling here now in Mayo, I'm just outside Ballina town.

Wow wasn't expecting snow that far west, Does that bode well for everywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Yaay for Ballina slow! As I mentioned earlier, -3c dp did the trick :D
    Sound excellent for Galway.

Moycullen -0.6 wtf (sorry)... not good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

Bullseye Dollseyes, keep us posted. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

baraca wrote: »
    Wow wasn't expecting snow that far west, Does that bode well for everywhere else.

This is looking good for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

so snow coming down to carlow on friday?

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm not expecting much for tomorrow. my expectations are low.
    Come up to Dublin, snowball fight!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Front nicely moving in, soon to snow in Glasgow as well. Interesting to see west moving precipitation for a change (again) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

And so it begins. The last gasp of the first snow of the season? Fuck knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

DP temps of zero or below all over the West still. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Planning to travel to Dublin the Weekend, anyone reckon the roads would be clear then???

Athlone-Dublin

Thanks

nanu nanu wrote: »

i'm heading to dublin next week :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I am in Offaly and it is brutal cold outside. I am near the stove and went out to put out the bins. It stopped me in my tracks. I have to dress up, hats, gloves and all for a two minute job.

Just wondering if much snow is expected for the midlands. I have to drive to dublin tomorrow weather permitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

Little snow avalanches falling off the roof piled up at my backdoor leaving four feet of snow :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

nanu nanu wrote: »
    if the snow keeps up, it might be time to make a massive snow cock covering the whole of the countryside. :)

maybe we could rope the brits into doing it as well and make a giant snow cock coming from the EU taking Ireland from behind? :D

Build up off to the west of Co.Clare. This looks serious.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

sshh!!! come over here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056107818

well i'm awake for the night to see how this pans out. well for a hour anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Temp falling like a stone -9.8c and dropped .5c in 3 minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Planning to travel to Dublin the Weekend, anyone reckon the roads would be clear then???

Athlone-Dublin

Thanks

You'll be grand, if your driving just be forward anticipating and be aware of the road conditions at all times. If a passenger enjoy the ride;)

I've no choice but to drive to Dublin either later today or Saturday so must remember to heed my own advice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-5.1c / -6.9dp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Would i be right in saying the lowest temp will be recorded over the places where there is a lot of lying snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

TomTom wrote: »
    I am in Offaly and it is brutal cold outside. I am near the stove and went out to put out the bins. It stopped me in my tracks. I have to dress up, hats, gloves and all for a two minute job.

Just wondering if much snow is expected for the midlands. I have to drive to dublin tomorrow weather permitting.

Same herein Athlone, the bins can wait till 2mrw ;)

Hope it clears by Saturday, have to drive to Dublin :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Turned off my laptop in an attempt to go to sleep but now I'm on here on my blackberry! Minus 6 now in Callan in Kilkenny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement