Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benneton Naas

• 02-12-2010 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

This one is real cute hooooor rip-off.

All the signs say 20% off.
    The manager takes the tags and rounds down the discount and then rounds up the marked price.
    For example item costs 43.95. She decides the 20% is 8 euro. and then takes 8 from 44 so her 20% off 43.95 is now 36.00 euro. The true 20% off would be a sale price of €35.16.

Of course they remove the price tag and the receipt just says 36.00 for the item. The true discount is ~18%.

So I spent 170.00 on 6 items for my 2yo and 1yo kids and asked the girl why I was not getting 20%. (probably would have got another 4 euro off). She refered me to the manager who says well "its up to 20%".

So there - I say Naas Benetton you are a classic RIP OFF.
    Why not be honest and use the features on the till or change the adds to say "15 to 20% off"

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yet you still paid for the items?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

That's utterly stupid - I don't think there's a till in the market that doesn't have the ability to knock a fixed percentage off either individual or sub total prices.

Obviously some retailers don't need the business. - Plenty of other kids shops around.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭millb

Yet you still paid for the items?

payment had gone through by the time I figured out the scheme. then I asked a few questions.. after a moment it looked like there was a scene starting and the other half was not impressed with my queries.. other shopers there etc.. stuff was still cheaper than somewhere else..maybe they got the message maybe they didn't ..
    Posting here does it for me ;) and more importantly the next shoppers know the scheme now..

Advertisement