Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway-Dub.Airport(Citylink) €1 ??

Options
  • 02-12-2010 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi guys.I have seen that citylink advertise 1 euro from Galway to Dub.Airport when you book online.

But I am trying to buy for tomorrow last an hour system still says €15.
    I wonder did someone purchased for €1??Can you tell me how would I do that?

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

You can get the €1.- tickets if you book well in advance, as there is only a limited number of tickets at that price for each departure.
    If you book at short notice, i.e. for the next day(s), you will have to pay the full price.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Most of the Euro1 tickets are sold out weeks in advance..there may only be two or three seats per bus allocated to that ticket price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ozalseker

Thanks folks..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Here is a thread from when offer first came out
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055711325

According to their website
    If you still aren't offered a Super Single ticket it means they're sold out for that particular journey. Why not try a slightly later or earlier journey time?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Seems the 1EUR tix are only available on the slow indirect route for Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

harryd2 wrote: »
    Seems the 1EUR tix are only available on the slow indirect route for Dublin

I was able to get a €2 'return' on the faster direct route earlier in the year, although I booked about a month in advance (and to Dublin city if that matters). I imagine the direct routes will go first anyway, and they may have fewer cheap tickets available for those in order to encourage people to take a cheaper longer journey - but €1 direct tickets have been available.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Maybe I was unlucky. Was trying Jan and Feb to no avail. Then I tried March. Same story

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I just took a quick look myself and all the direct services I checked were €10, and the longer journeys were €1. They must no longer offer the cheap direct (which makes sense for them - as it was, anyone happy to get the direct regardless of price would also have recieved the cheap fare if booked in time, this way you have to want the cheap fare). It's a pity for us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 starship

for the 1euro fare you got to book a single fare galway -dublin and then single dublin - galway. took me a while to figure that out!

Advertisement