Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powercity

Options
  • 02-12-2010 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm going down there today find a 50'plasma. They are looking for 25 euro delivery and 12 euro for a lead. Should i expect them to waive these charges with a bit of haggling? Would you? Thanks in advance.;)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

How good is your pokerface?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have you checked online yet? usually is a discount online.

My mate went instore and got them to match the online price AND got a free laptop bag. My brother got them to match online price and a free HDMI cable -which is worth pittance anyway, there is no reason to buy a fancy HDMI cable as it is transferred digitally.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

was looking for a fridge and cooker in this store,asked for a discount and was offered 1o% discount and free delivery .........was a good deal i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Power City in Coolock will give you a €25 discount for just breathing, so there should be no bother getting the free delivery and lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Bargain Alerts - Requests

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

ya i wondering to see who will reply, maybe set up a poll here to see who would ask for anything off.
    i know i would ask for a lead free and try and blag something else free, or make up that i saw it online cheaper and could they do free delivery or anthing else off.
    i think alot of young people my age in Ireland wouldnt ever bother haggling like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Was down here today. External HD was €54.95 online price, no discount mentioned. Went down to the shop confient I could get it for that price if I asked. Also if you buy online it takes a little longer to get it in the shop too as they have to go collect it in the back.

Went to an older supervisor type at a store computer and asked where the externals were, he called a young lad to show me. It was €60 instore so I said I saw it online for cheaper and could I get it for that price, he said yes no problem and to go back and ask the older guy. I just said "hi, the other guy told me to come back to you to see about getting this at the price I saw online" he says "oh certainly sir, no problem at all" (he did not hesitate at all, or hum & haw -just in case people would be shy or awkward about asking).

Now he started typing into the computer and I definitely saw €54.95 come up onscreen, then he types in a few more things and goes "now sir €52, take this to the checkout", he gives me a sort of receipt printout to bring to the desk.

So €8 off, not bad at all, still not sure why I got the extra €3 off, but no complaints!

The same model was €53.30 on amazon with free delivery BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Has anyone ever gotten them to budge on a PS3? I'm buying a TV and might get a PS3 there if I could get a few quid off.

Can you get them to throw in a few bluerays?

I'm decent enough on haggling but any particular tips with these guys? They do budge on some stuff yeah or is it just price matching the online prices?

Advertisement