Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maths Questions

• 02-12-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6

Hi!

Can somebody help me, my maths book is currently burried in snow at my school, could anyone post a copy of questions 12-16 on page 167 of the Blue "Text and Tests 2" book. Unfortunately :( I need to do these questions for tomorrow.

Unfortunate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

In these questions, take pie as 22/7, unless otherwise stated.

12. Calculate, in terms of pie, the volume of a sphere with radius of length 3cm.

A cylinder of height 9cm has a volume equal to four times the volume of the sphere. Calculate the length of the radius of the cylinder.

The cylinder is partly filled with water. Nine identical solid cubes with side length of 2cm are then submerged in the water. The water rises in the cylinder but does not overflow. How far does the water rise?
    Give your answer correct to one decimal place.

13. The height of a cylinder is three times the radius of the base.
    If the volume of the cylinder is 648[pie]cm3, calculate the radius.

14. A sphere with radius of length 3cm has a volume equal to eight times the volume of a sphere with radius r. Find r.

15. A sphere of radius 7cm fits exactly into a cylinder.

(i) Find the volume of the cylinder in cm3.
    (ii) Show that the surface area of the sphere is equal to the curved surface area of the cylinder.
    (iii) Find the ratio - Volume of sphere : Volume of cylinder.

16. A cylindrical metal pipe is 3m long. It has external radius of 11cm and internal radius of 10cm.

(i) Find, in cm3, the volume of metal in the pipe in terms of pie.
    (ii) A solid cylinder has height 7cm. Its volume is equal to the volume of metal in the pipe. Calculate the radius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 Unfortunate

Thank you very much. I don't know what I would have done otherwise.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Thank you very much. I don't know what I would have done otherwise.:)

Pleasure. ;)

Advertisement