Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on "Blackberry Curve 8520"

Options
  • 02-12-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Hi guys!. I was looking to purchase this phone for my girlfriend this christmas. I just want to know if it is worth the money. I'm getting it on Vodafone for 169.99. So the main queries I have are
    1. The Battery Life
    2. Messaging

Are they a good phone?. Easy to use etc. Any comments welcomed thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Hey,

If it was me I would stay away from Blackberrys. They are completely outdated in terms of technology. I use an android phone myself and I think it is absolutely brilliant. If you compared it to a Blackberry there would be no comparison.

That model is decent enough. It feels kinda plasticy and a bit cheap but it isnt bad. The Bold 9700 2 is much more solid feeling...

But as I said get her one of the entry model androids...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Yeah wait for an entry level BB loaded with OS6 (much better)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I would disagree, for a typical girls use, ie calls / lots of texts / Facebook, blackberrys are better than budget android

Reason I'm saying this is that the qwerty keyboard is better for texting, battery life is better and they have a cooler image (im sending this from a HTC android btw)

The only thing I would say is that it won't be as much use if she wants to use it on a different network

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Blackberry is for business, something like the Nokia e5 would be a lot better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Blackberry is for business, something like the Nokia e5 would be a lot better option.
    Not necessarily the social networking apps on Blackberry's are exellent IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Not necessarily the social networking apps on Blackberry's are exellent IMO

Blackberry Facebook etc is much better than Nokia, but only if you have a proper blackberry plan

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

to be honest facebook is better on anything besides Nokia, it's ok on android, but it rocks on windows phone 7, best integration of facebook i've seen on any phone.

Advertisement