Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane car seat problem

Options
  • 02-12-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Can not adjust the drivers seat in a 2005 Renault Megane backwards/forwards because the cable underneath the seat is broken. Have been quoted €200+vat from renault for a set of cables.

Anyone know of a cheaper alternative?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Car breakers near the Red Cow roundabout, bring a tool box with you, but first ask if thay have a Megane in the yard, then get stuck in with your spanners & see if you can extract them, there is another Car Breakers in Dun Laoghaire by the Pier, (but its not DIY), they will remove the parts for you & charge extra for the privilege :(

Car breakers in general a cheap but dirty option (oil, broken glass & mud everywhere), and you have to have some basic DIY skills yourself, but if you find the right parts, its a great acheivement & you will save a fortune, > suggest old jeans and tough gloves for the breakers yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Just to update you all.

Got a quote from a renault garage here in Galway. They quoted me €200+vat for a set of cables; apparently I could not just buy the single cable.

While in the north, called in to a renault dealer and was quoted £38.50 for the part. I got it delivered to my door , in Galway, for a total cost of £45 which is approx €55; paid my local mechanic €40 to install it.

From now on, if I need any parts for me Renault, I will be ordering from the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

paulgalway wrote: »
    Just to update you all.

Got a quote from a renault garage here in Galway. They quoted me €200+vat for a set of cables; apparently I could not just buy the single cable.

While in the north, called in to a renault dealer and was quoted £38.50 for the part. I got it delivered to my door , in Galway, for a total cost of £45 which is approx €55; paid my local mechanic €40 to install it.

From now on, if I need any parts for me Renault, I will be ordering from the North.

Typical ireland , did you try the breakers yard on the curragh line (headford road) i have got afew parts from there , a friendly eastern european chap is always there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

I did go to the breakers on the Curraghline, but they did not have any Meganes.

However, I am sure they would find it hard to beat the price for a new part from the north.

Advertisement