Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco redevelopment

Options
  • 02-12-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know when this is going to start? they got their planning permission back in January but its been a good while since I've heard anything about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

It appears to have been shelved for the present but no doubt it will eventually go ahead as Greystones is one of Tesco's busiest shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

The old house next to Tesco was set on fire recently.. thats about the only development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Next year I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

What exactly are they doing? Is this the petrol station that's been rumoured for years?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Dunphus wrote: »
    What exactly are they doing? Is this the petrol station that's been rumoured for years?

no petrol station.

they're demolishing the existing store and covering the entire site with a much enlarged TescoExtra outlet with basement carpark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

What levies did WCC look for on this application?

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    What levies did WCC look for on this application?

Look on the planning section of www.wicklow.ie it has the info there for all to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

loyatemu wrote: »
    no petrol station.

they're demolishing the existing store and covering the entire site with a much enlarged TescoExtra outlet with basement carpark.

Wow, I actually already consider it quite a large tesco as it is. I would hope that they (and I'm sure they will) change the the traffic control measures around there, it can quite often be difficult enough to get off the bellevue road onto the Church road

In the planning app. they plan to have a slip road for the cars turning left on to the R761 Killincarrig road which will be a great help.

demolition of existing buildings incorporating a foodstore & ancillary units and the 2 storey detached dwelling 'Cullenmore' & the construction of a two storey replacement retail facility over surface car park with a gross floor area of 13.179sqm consisting of: a foodstore at 1st floor with alcohol sales area & all ancillary areas including storage; unloading area' cage marshalling; offices/back of house & delivery areas with a gross floor area of 7,802sqm; 10 no. retail/commercial units with a gross floor area of 1,293sqm. Ancillary staff area, office with terrace & dentist surgery all at 2nd floor with balcony/escape route along the southern elevation, proposed road works will include the upgrading & provision of a signal controlled junction at the junction of Bellevue Rd/R761 with an additional left turning lane; a left slip lane off the R761 onto Bellevue Rd; vehicular access to the site will be via a signal controlled junction with Bellevue Rd, a left turn lane facility to access the site & localised road widening of Bellevue Rd, signal controlled junction at R761/Grattan Pk; upgrading of the existing pedestrian corssing at R761; dedicated raised footpaths with dropped kerbs & tactile paving at all junctions & associated road markings; 559 car parking spaces; bicycle parking spaces; dedicated service yard road with dropped kerbs with access & egress onto the R761. Service yard at 1st floor level to proposed foodstore with associated ramp, dock leveller, generator & waste management area; dedicated service yard at 1st floor for the proposed retail units; advertising signage on building, directional signage to service yard; 1 no. internally illuminated totem sign, service plant; trolley bays, single storey staircore to north-west; landscaping & boundary treatments; underground sprinkler tank & pump house with access; ESB substation & switchroom; toilets, staircores, lifts, malls, lobbies & travelators & all associated site development works on a site with an area of 2.63 ha. The redevelopment of the site will be constructed in 2 phases & will include a temporary foodstore in phase 1. Accompained by an EIS
    Development Address: Junction of Bellevue Rd and R761 (Kilcoole Rd), Rathdown Lower, Greystones, Co. Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Tesco have applied for an Extension of Appropriate Period for this development.
    http://193.178.30.218/wickloweplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=15109&LASiteID=0

This relates to this planning application:
    http://193.178.30.218/wickloweplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=081057&LASiteID=0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

wow, thread from the dead.

I'd forgotten all about this development - what's taking them so long I wonder?

Lack of funds I'd say!

The time was not right more than likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    ... & travelators & ...
    Cool. I love the way the trolley wheels stick to the travelator.
    I have never worked out how to beat this magic though, despite much pushing and pulling of the trolleys :pac:

recedite wrote: »
    Cool. I love the way the trolley wheels stick to the travelator.
    I have never worked out how to beat this magic though, despite much pushing and pulling of the trolleys :pac:
    It is all to do with the grooves on the travelator and the grooves on the trolly wheels..... groovy idea :D

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    It is all to do with the grooves on the travelator and the grooves on the trolly wheels..... groovy idea :D

Or magnets......

Advertisement