Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere Festival UK 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ticket cost?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah i went to look, exp, wish it was on in another country

• Registered Users Posts: 38,437 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Oxegen is the same weekend so i doubt an irish show will happen that weekend. Hopefully An Indoor Show In The O2 could be on the cards around that time. Never Seen Metallica Indoors but did Metallica state they were only playing about 10 shows in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Oxegen is the same weekend so i doubt an irish show will happen that weekend. Hopefully An Indoor Show In The O2 could be on the cards around that time. Never Seen Metallica Indoors but did Metallica state they were only playing about 10 shows in 2011.

That's why 2 days before, on the Wed, is ideal

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Buckcherry have confirmed they will be playing at both Sonisphere and Download festivals in the UK this summer.

Speaking to Rhythm magazine, the band's drummer Xavier Muriel confirmed the news.

Muriel also said the band would do their own UK tour at around the same time. "We're back in the UK in June for Download and Sonisphere and I think we'll do a club tour while we're back here," he said.

Download Festival takes place on June 10-12 at Donington Park, while Sonisphere takes place from July 8-10 at Knebworth Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    That's why 2 days before, on the Wed, is ideal

True enough, let's see it happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Motörhead mastodon in flames parkway drive added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Motörhead mastodon in flames parkway drive added.

What I won't give to see Mastodon live this year. This makes the weekend soooo much more tempting, but I don't think I can do the weekend. I really hope we get an Irish date off them this time since they didn't visit here on their tour last year. This is even taking place around the time of the Marquee, so maybe the token outsider metal act this year??? I can always dream can't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wow i thought 4 bands would be added, one of which id like. But 3 is incredible....and mastodon is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

At about £200 just for the tickets, I think it's outside my price range. hopefully there are a few irish gigs from the bands involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Sonisphere is easily the best festival! I wont be missing it :D

I've heard the next announcement will see 10 bands announced at once so this will really clear things up and start to make a decision for me on how long to go for. I'm still holding out for either Day Tickets at Sonisphere or a Dublin date for Metallica (for both)

There wont be day tickets for the Friday at Sonisphere. They have never done friday day tickets before and its a good way of getting everyone to go for the weekend! I would be really really surprised if they did this as its a way of killing weekend ticket sales.

Dont think there will be a big 4 date in Ireland either as that would detract from Sonisphere and they are paying the big bucks!

The 10 band announcement is for Download!

Download is announcing 14 bands on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Fi H wrote: »
    Dont think there will be a big 4 date in Ireland either as that would detract from Sonisphere and they are paying the big bucks!

I think we're in with a good chance of a Big 4 date here, given the fact that we have had Iron Maiden and Metallica here in the past two years, both of which have been the big headliners for Sonisphere UK those years. So, just on the past record along (I know it has only been two years) we should be in with a chance.

Not this year! Maybe next year but definitely not this year!

lying in from Los Angeles, California, Alt-Rock Superstars Weezer make their Knebworth debut at Sonisphere this summer. Weezer are one of the biggest, most popular bands to emerge from the alternative rock scene of the 90s, with more Gold, Platinum and Silver (records) under their belts than Fort Knox, a string of notable awards nominations – including the prestigious Grammy – and an impressive list of chart positions. All this will come as no surprise to anyone who has had the pleasure of hearing frighteningly infectious power-pop classics like “Buddy Holly”, “Hash Pipe”, “Undone – The Sweater Song”, “Beverly Hills” and “Pork and Beans”, and it is with great excitement that we look forward to hearing these at Weezer’s only English festival appearance of 2011.

Next up, coming in from Warrnambool, Australia, Airbourne return to Knebworth to deliver a raucous set of potent rock and roll fury. “We love playing the Sonisphere festivals!” States Frontman & cricket fan Joel O’Keeffe. “It’s always a great line up of bands and it’s always a great crowd!”

He should know; in 2009, Airbourne tore Sonisphere a proverbial “new one”, running wild and free across the Saturn stage, even scaling it at one point so Joel could hammer out a lead on the scaffolding. One can only wonder what Airbourne’s only UK festival performance of 2011 holds in store as they belt out fist-pumping anthems such as “Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast”, “Diamond In The Rough” and “No Way But The Hard Way”

Making the somewhat shorter journey from Brighton, homegrown heroes Architects make their first festival appearance in this country in support of new album “The Here And Now”, which was released one week ago today. Never has an album been more aptly titled, with the band currently on the cover of Metal Hammer magazine while their latest single enjoys daytime play on national radio, and the album receives rave reviews across the rock media, earning it a top 75 chart position (57) in its first week. Frontman Sam Carter enthuses:

“UK festivals are always a massive deal for us because it’s basically the biggest gathering of Architects fans we can play to, and this year you know it’s going to be special because the line up for Sonisphere is INSANE. It’s also a big deal because it’ll be our first UK festival since our new record ‘The Here And Now’ came out and that record was built for festivals! We’ll see everyone at Sonisphere 2011!!!”

No mention of Diamond Head who were also announced. What a quality announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Limp Bizkit have just been announced :D

plus

The Sisters of Mercy,
    Gallows,
    Gojira,
    Inme,
    Kids in glass houses,
    One Minute Slence,
    Protest The Hero
    Volbeat

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/sonisphere-line-up-additions-announced/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Sonisphere is looking so much better than Download this year.

• Advertisement

I think I'll be heading to Sonisphere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Not sure if this is the right place, so excuse me if it's not. A friend of mine and myself are planning to head to Sonnisphere this year. Just wondering if you experienced festival goers have any advice?
    If its not the right thread sorry, perhaps someone could PM with advice or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

marko93 wrote: »
    If its not the right thread sorry, perhaps someone could PM with advice or something?

Perfectly fine to exchange advice here.

marko93 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place, so excuse me if it's not. A friend of mine and myself are planning to head to Sonnisphere this year. Just wondering if you experienced festival goers have any advice?

What ya need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Pauleta wrote: »
    Limp Bizkit have just been announced :D

One Minute Silence,

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/sonisphere-line-up-additions-announced/

Ooooh, I thought they broke up ages ago!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Going to Sonisphere Poland instead. One day festival. Last year had the big 4 plus, IIRC, Bezerker and Mastadon.

This year?
    10th June, Warsaw
    Tickets from 200zł (About €50)
    Iron Maiden
    Motorhead
    Mastadon
    Killing Joke
    Hunter

Also playing (not yet confirmed/announced):
    Slipknot

Surrey superstars YOU ME AT SIX make their SONISPHERE debut at KNEBWORTH this year.

“We are really excited to play Sonisphere!” says frontman Josh Franceschi. “It’s going to be a lot of fun performing at such a great rock festival.”

In just a few short years, Josh, Chris, Dan, Matt and Max have gone from hitching low-fare rides on the megabus to get to their shows up and down the UK, to traveling across the globe in tour buses supporting the likes of Angels & Airwaves, Fall Out Boy and Paramore in huge arenas, as well as packing out clubs and theatres at their own headline shows, including two sold out nights at the Hammersmith Apollo. When debut “Take Off Your Colours” was released in 2008, the album propelled YOU ME AT SIX into the UK Top 30 (number 25). That their second album peaked at number 5 just two years later is testament to the band’s meteoric ascent, which shows no sign of slowing down on the road to SONISPHERE, where we look forward to fan faves such as “Save It For The Bedroom”, “Finders Keepers” and “Underdog”.

Baltimore, Maryland’s ALL TIME LOW join the SONISPHERE festivities, bringing with them a bag of hook-laden, guitar driven party tricks. ALL TIME LOW has emerged as one of the most popular new bands in recent memory, beloved by an increasingly fervent fan following for their fast-paced and fizzy brand of pop-punk. Currently on a sold out tour of the UK, the ALL TIME LOW of 2011 pay little resemblance to the covers band that formed in high school, with a catalogue of their own hits such as “Weightless”, “Lost In Stereo” and “Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don’t)” with which to dazzle the revelers at KNEBWORTH.

Canadian alt-punks SUM 41 make their way from Ajax, Ontario to deliver a plethora of infectiously catchy pop-laden punk. Having spent nearly all of last year on the road, including their 4th headlining run on the 2010 US Vans Warped Tour, SUM 41 are gearing up to release the most long-awaited new studio album of their career, “Screaming Bloody Murder”, at the end of March. If the first single of the same name is anything to go by, fans are in for a treat, as the multi-platinum, multi-million selling four-piece showcase brand new songs to UK festival goers for the first time this summer at SONISPHERE, as well as old favourites like “Fat Lip”, “In Too Deep”, “Still Waiting” and their homage to metal, “Pain For Pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

Does this typically sell out does anyone know? Would kill to see Periphery live again but won't know if i'll have the funds until quite close to the festival itself.

What class additions bar all time low and you me at six. Cannot wait for sum 41!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

Mushy wrote: »
    What class additions bar all time low and you me at six. Cannot wait for sum 41!

agree plus with additions like arch enemy/house of pain. this is shaping up to be a great festivel. cant wait. blows download out of the water imo.

Advertisement