Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere Festival UK 2011

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

marko93 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place, so excuse me if it's not. A friend of mine and myself are planning to head to Sonnisphere this year. Just wondering if you experienced festival goers have any advice?
    If its not the right thread sorry, perhaps someone could PM with advice or something?
    Fly to luton its really close
    Dont expect to have a shower if you arent prepared to queue
    Bring enough cash for the weekend or a credit card as the banklinks on site dont work with Irish ATM cards. some stalls will do cash back on credit cards if you pay a fee
    Charge your phone up well
    Dont camp on the big hill
    If you want a proper line up t-shirt buy it early as they have sold out the last 2 years early on
    Use someones FMC code when booking your ticket and you should be invited to the FMC festival opening session (for the record this is mine 1k992916) :D
    Check the box office times when planning arrival - last year they closed at 10pm and I arrived on the late flight into luton so couldnt get my tickets! Had to break into the campsite. They have said they will keep them open til midnight this year but its worth keeping this in mind.
    Dont take the ferry - its way to far away - made this mistake year one :D
    If you like pizza they had a pizza express stall on site last year but it was quite hidden - find it - it was the best pizza
    Make sure you check out the other small stages! It is easy to get stuck between the 2 main stages when they are alternating between bands but there will be some really quality acts on the smaller stages
    Last year if you got the sonis app you got a free pint of strongbow and big enough discounts off some of the merch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How is the ferry too far away? Im getting it, train to London then switch for Stevenage. Will leave in morning and arrive early evening. Its cheaper than flying cos my bag will be heavy and a lot more relaxing.

it was a 13 hour drive from the ferry - including a pit stop and then it got cancelled on the way home! takes absolutely HOURS! definitely the 1 hour flight with 20 mins transfer is preferable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fi H wrote: »
    it was a 13 hour drive from the ferry - including a pit stop and then it got cancelled on the way home! takes absolutely HOURS! definitely the 1 hour flight with 20 mins transfer is preferable :D

13hr drive from the ferry??? What ferry did ya get? Dublin to Bilbao??

Fi H wrote: »

SailRail wins out. After the ferry its like 6-7 hours on train from port terminal to Soni gates.

Plus my tent is 15kg so must be in hold of plane, thats 60e before anything. Return sailrail is in the 90e mark with no extra charges. Relax with some/many beers:-D

• Advertisement

yeah but i already booked my flight to luton for €40 all in when the dates were announced :D

Yeah would be handy but heavy bag. I may even need a second one. Least there be no stressing bout airports this time.

no matter how ya get there it is going to be savage one way or the other :D

Exactly! Looking at it, there is already like 17 bands I wanna see, most the type who would make me buy a ticket for a festival.

Where are the shops near Soni? Just in case a top up of booze is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Mushy wrote: »
    Exactly! Looking at it, there is already like 17 bands I wanna see, most the type who would make me buy a ticket for a festival.

Where are the shops near Soni? Just in case a top up of booze is needed.
    There's a big Tesco right across from the train station in Stevenage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

marko93 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place, so excuse me if it's not. A friend of mine and myself are planning to head to Sonnisphere this year. Just wondering if you experienced festival goers have any advice?
    If its not the right thread sorry, perhaps someone could PM with advice or something?

Sure

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Mars Volta have confirmed their return to the UK headlining the Saturn stage at Sonisphere with their only UK show of 2011, playing just before Biffy Clyro headline the main stage on the Saturday.

The Mars Volta guitarist Omar Rodríguez-López said, "We're stoked to come and play. Everything I've heard about the festival has been positive, I'm sure it'll be great. Playing live for me is the best part of being in a band, I can't wait to get back out there. I'm excited to play the new songs."

Also confirmed are Sweden's Opeth making their Sonisphere debut, and Killing Joke who will take to the Bohemia stage after the grand finale of The Big 4 on the Friday. Also added to Friday's Bohemia line-up are The Black Dahlia Murder.

Other acts confirmed for this summer's bash at Hertfordshire's Knebworth House are Four Year Strong, Black Tide, Watain, Firewind, Rise To Remain, Alestorm, The Treatment, and playing the Red Bull stage will be Six Hour Sundown.

Whoop Opeth!

STEVE-O, JIM BREUER, ANDREW O’NEILL, BOB SLAYER, JASON JOHN WHITEHEAD, JARRED CHRISTMAS.

These are the comedians added. Also, Bill Bailey is headlining the Saturn Stage on the Sunday, playing in between Limp Bizkit and Slipknot haha.

Also, would people mind clicking on the link in my sig please? Only takes one second, dont even have to look at the page (its just the Soni site). So please do it, would be appreciated.

Actually, while I'm shamelessly doing this, if people wanna join this e-team lark, please send me your email address and I'll send an invite thing. Assuming some here have clicked the link cos points going up, thanks very much folks.

Advertisement