Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Term Lease and Vacating??

Options
  • 02-12-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi there,

My friend is on a fixed term lease which ended last week - still living in the property but intending to move out and move in to a new place soon?

Anyone any ideas what the position is here? I think that there is something to say that she should have informed her landlord no later than one month before the end of the lease that she had no intention to stay on.

Any advice for her now??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

linola_c wrote: »
    Hi there,

My friend is on a fixed term lease which ended last week - still living in the property but intending to move out and move in to a new place soon?

Anyone any ideas what the position is here? I think that there is something to say that she should have informed her landlord no later than one month before the end of the lease that she had no intention to stay on.

Any advice for her now??

Staying on after the lease moves her into a defacto Part 4 tennancy. So your friend is now bound by the provisions of part 4 notice as outlined in the RTA 2004

So your friend will have to give notice to the landlord of moving out based on the length of the tennancy (combined lease length & part 4 length). The different notice periods are available on ww.threshold.ie

so your friend will have to give notice from 28 days upwards depending on tenure

Advertisement