Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error 99 - Canon EOS 1000D

• 02-12-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all.

Got the above DSLR a couple of years ago. Just light usage. Since the start, after shooting for a while the shutter opens and doesn't close. After a few seconds it says Error 99. I switch off the camera and back on and sometimes the shutter closes and I can shoot again, but sometimes I've to pop out the battery for a sec.

Sometimes, the shutter goes nuts as if it's taking a burst of pictures, then stops open and gives Error 99.

Lately, it's giving this error every couple of shots. I've tried taking the lens off and cleaning around it (making sure nothing falls into the camera or lens) but this has no effect.

Anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Hi Ciaran,
    Sounds like your shutter has died.
    I do repairs so I could have a look at it if you like?
    PM me if you are interested :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Had the same problem with my 1000D last year, brought it back to where I got it and they sent it off to Canon as was still under warrenty and they fixed it. Never had a problem since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

I can recommend Zerohamster. Done some work for me and good service. Error 99 covers quite a few things. Hope it works out ok for you and your sorted soon

Advertisement