Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simply Electronics ! BEWARE DO NOT USE

• 02-12-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭

Just a simple heads up

I a lot of kit online and through feedback I said Id try these guys ... DO NOT !

They have the worst customer service ever

Judge a company / website on how things go , when things go bad , not when orders go well..... In this case - I will never deal with them again..

You have been warned

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Would you care to share more detail of what went wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I a lot of kit online and through feedback I said Id try these guys ... DO NOT !

You obviously didn't look here for feedback as you'd know from a quick search in this section, that the vast majority advise avoiding them.

Your post isn't news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Several threads already. Avoid them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Actually it was feedback given on a thread here - not that , that is too important

anyway - I was just posting as a courtesy - I got my money back - but dear god , what a terrible company.

Regards

Surfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Surfing Boxer glad u got ur money back and I know u went thru hell but for people thinking about ordering from there surely you should give a better detailed post?
    Cos ur ok U should also make sure othe rpeople are, your quick burst fire "burn the Witch" is not that helpful, explain properly and then we can all chip in towards the petrol for said burning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

your quick burst fire "burn the Witch" is not that helpful, explain properly and then we can all chip in towards the petrol for said burning.

@AR You've got "a way" with words... :-) Brilliant...

fair point guys - long story but to put in a brief summary

- ordered kit
    - monitored order ( didnt move )
    - on last day of promised shipping , order disappeared from my account page
    - called them straight away - customer care assured me everything was ok
    - lo and behold today I got am email to say their "shipment " was damaged and they could not meet my order
    - called customer care again , would not give me a managers name, the customer care agents name , a direct email address , info as to get my card refunded...
    - resulting in me contacting visa and getting the funds back through them

Short post as I am in work , cant post in detail

BOTTOM LINE - STAY AWAY !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

I ordered a Canon 10-22 lens for €569 off them a few weeks ago, and it took 10 days to come, even though they say it normally ships within 1-2 days. It arrived safe and sound and cost €300 less than an Irish bricks and mortar shop. It came from Reading not Hong Kong so I had no customs worries either. I guess some people will have bad experiences with them, but for me so far so good. I'm now thinking of buying a 500mm lens, and so far Simply Electronics are the cheapest around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I ordered a 5d II from them - ok it was slow to arrive but I can't complain. I am will order a lens from them later but will wait till after Christmas.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Likewise, I got a 50mm f1.4 from them without any major issues. Bit slower than stated but it came. Another (infrequent) poster here bought his 100-400mm L lens and a 24-105 L lens. Both came without any major grief.
    Now, their customer service does seem a bit dodgy in that you can't get a name from them. I even had difficulty in getting the name of the courier (said he couldn't pronounce it!) but it began with "D". Turned out to be DHL :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

OP, based on your first post I thought you had lost money, at least you got your card refunded. In fairness there are a lot of companies who work that way (get the credit card company to do the refund).

Like the previous 3 posters I have ordered from them in the past, got a Sony A550 last December. It did take longer than advertised to arrive, but I saved nearly €200 and it enabled me to get a camera I could not have otherwise afforded. Also my item was shipped from the UK, no issues with customs.

Of course each to their own

Just look at their facebook page for all the complaints ?!?!

Ill leave my 2 cents worth on that note

Advertisement