Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are taxis still running these nights?

Options
  • 02-12-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

We have a social engagement in town tonight. Does anyone know if the taxis are still running into the night, with the severe weather and all? We need to get back out to Lucan and Leixlip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Shouldn't be a problem, getting one into to town might be though if the roads haven't been cleared properly,I know a lot of taxi drivers will go home mid afternoon rather than spend hours at rush hour stuck in traffic, then come back out later. So organize your trip in, book now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Wonder what the situation will be like taxi-wise on Saturday night.

Getting back from the o2 on Sunday for arcade fire should be a whale of a time too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

You should be able to find a taxi no problem, main problem is getting to your destination depending on what the journey is like. I know one of my mates had to get off at the bottom of howth hill the other night and walk up to the summit to get home because the taxi couldn't make it. Now obviously not all people live in places with hills like that, but if you're near even a slightly steep slope with no grit you're pretty screwed for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 niamhr

nm - i too need to get back to red cow from arcade fire sunday night. any idea if luas will be running, dont fancy getting a taxi that far, specially with the weather? checked the luas website and they say the last luas on a sunday night from the point to tallaght is at 10pm-ish....do they put on extra services after a concert?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i got home on Tuesday night from town to blanchardstown and it was horible out , it was about half 5/6 in the morning but 3 taxis wouldnt take me to blanch and finally after walking from harcourt street to the end of christ church hill ,i finally got one , make sure ur wrapped up well :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm just in from town after a lovely taxi driver picked me up as a fare. Of course, I was on O'Connell Street, but imagine that a lot of them will be out, keen to make a bit of money for Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

There's taxis, but in much shorter supply than usual. Bank on them less and less the later it gets tbh...was driving home from the local nightclub (don't drink) on Friday night/Sat morning and the road was filled with drunken fools walking, throwing snowballs at fast moving cars, walking in the road, acting the eejit because there were no taxis about at all.

Advertisement