Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to claim?

Options
  • 02-12-2010 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    Twisted my ankle 3 months ago and its still not good back to work. I'm claiming Injuries Benefit but allways spend half for it to visits fee, medicals, taxis, phone calls etc..
    My company didnt pay me. Nothing. It was accident at worktime and workplace. I'm thinking about claim, everybody said: its normal in Ireland but no idea which way the best.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cieball

you could either ring citizens advice they might be of some help. or try your local solicitors office alot of the time they will give you free legal advice and then offer your services for a fee. sounds like you definitely have a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

SEOTom wrote: »
    Any advice appreciated.

Ask yourself the question: 'Why is it the fault of my employer?'

before asking the question:

'What is the best way to claim?'

Its a corrollary of the principle that when something goes wrong in your life, the first thing you should ask is 'what did I do that caused this to happen', rather than immediately trying to figure out who elses fault it is. Sadly, a lot of people do the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lawstudent21

injuries board.ie might be of some help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

SEOTom wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Twisted my ankle 3 months ago and its still not good back to work. I'm claiming Injuries Benefit but allways spend half for it to visits fee, medicals, taxis, phone calls etc..
    My company didnt pay me. Nothing. It was accident at worktime and workplace. I'm thinking about claim, everybody said: its normal in Ireland but no idea which way the best.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks

3 months out of work on a twisted ankle :eek:....

As for compensation. Well, for you to sue your employer you need to prove they are repsonsible through neglect for your injury. For example: wet floor, trip hazzard, dangerour procedures, no training etc.

If you just lost your footing or tripped over through no fault of your employer then there wont be any compensation as it was nothing to do with them. The fact you fell during work hours and on work property is not cause to sue (lol as far as i know!! or at least i hope it's not).

Did you fill out an accident report form? What did your manager have to say? Were there witness to the accident? Are you certified sick for 3 months on a twisted ankle?

If you can prove work contributed to the fall, then contact a solicitor without worry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Go to a no foal, no fee personal injury solicitor. There are many who will be glad to talk to you without charge and advise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 injuriesboard

You can access the Injuries Board website here http://www.injuriesboard.ie

You can view a short video of the process here http://www.injuriesboard.ie/eng/Claimant_Information_Video

Advertisement