Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to speak to Galway pharmacy owner/qualified pharmacist

Options
  • 02-12-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

if you are one of the above I would like to meet you. for some more info drop
    me a pm and I'll try explain a bit more

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I'm not a pharmacist but I always go to Brendan Quinn in Gort. He owns his pharmacy and has always been very helpful and informative. I have heard him speak about various issues on the radio so I know he is more than willing to offer opinions etc, if that helps?
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

thanks for that bubaloo, I am however looking for someone in the city

basicly I have come across a new product that is available to Ireland but not yet available anywhere in the country. I originally contacted boots and they have sent my email onto their procurement department for further investigation.

I really wish I was a pharmacist and could make this product available myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Elevator wrote: »
    thanks for that bubaloo, I am however looking for someone in the city

basicly I have come across a new product that is available to Ireland but not yet available anywhere in the country. I originally contacted boots and they have sent my email onto their procurement department for further investigation.

I really wish I was a pharmacist and could make this product available myself

What is your involvement with said product?

Wompa1 wrote: »
    What is your involvement with said product?

nothing, zilch, I just want to see it made available to the public, I'm an unemployed music producer taking a year out of college so does that answer your question?

another thing concerning the product, it would make a pharmacists Xmas to know what I know. I just want to meet someone in the pharma business and put them onto it

the plot thickens eh

nothing, zilch, I just want to see it made available to the public, I'm an unemployed music producer taking a year out of college so does that answer your question?

another thing concerning the product, it would make a pharmacists Xmas to know what I know. I just want to meet someone in the pharma business and put them onto it

the plot thickens eh

It does! What is it that you'd tell a pharmacists that you don't say here. Sorry for the question but you seem kind of coy on the whole thing...

Plus there's quite a bit of profiteering on this forum. For journalists or people with services etc.

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    It does! What is it that you'd tell a pharmacists that you don't say here. Sorry for the question but you seem kind of coy on the whole thing...

Plus there's quite a bit of profiteering on this forum. For journalists or people with services etc.

only person I'm discussing it in detail with at the moment is my partner and she agrees it should only be discussed with the right pharmacy owner first.

no need to be discussing it on public forums just yet

I'm going to guess it is along the lines of something that might have been sold in headshops?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm going to guess it is along the lines of something that might have been sold in headshops?

But surely no reputable pharmacist would touch something like that with a barge pole? (There's a reason that the pharmacies didn't stock the stuff the first time around.)

it has nothing to do with headshop type products and I'd be some thick if I thought a pharmacy would stock some dodgy Chinese chemicals and try to sell them as bath salts!!

speculate all ye like

it has nothing to do with headshop type products and I'd be some thick if I thought a pharmacy would stock some dodgy Chinese chemicals and try to sell them as bath salts!!

speculate all ye like

Ohh goodie! Well since it's your partner and yourself...I'm going to guess something related to sex. What do I win?

• Advertisement

Boots don't dispense prescription type stuff in Galway afaik.

Matt O'Flaherty is probably the biggest chain of chemists in Galway.
    I don't know who runs it now.

The only pharmacist I know is a member of boards but he isn't very active.

Boots don't dispense prescription type stuff in Galway afaik.

Matt O'Flaherty is probably the biggest chain of chemists in Galway.
    I don't know who runs it now.

The only pharmacist I know is a member of boards but he isn't very active.

boots do dispense scripts in Galway alright, I was thinking of calling into MOF shops to find out who I need to talk to.

thanks pg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

nothing, zilch, I just want to see it made available to the public, I'm an unemployed music producer taking a year out of college

My THC senses are tingling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

St John's Wart-related I reckon.

Maybe OP has found a way around the law for pharmacies to sell it?

Not an expert myself, but from what I can tell, it's a bloody disgrace that it's banned here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

JustMary wrote: »
    But surely no reputable pharmacist would touch something like that with a barge pole? (There's a reason that the pharmacies didn't stock the stuff the first time around.)

Yes because they don't stock bad drugs like codeine, prozac, valium etc :D

Yes because they don't stock bad drugs like codeine, prozac, valium etc :D

methadone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Yohimbe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

methadone
    There's also oxycontin (hillbilly heroin) although I don't know if you can get it in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

kraggy wrote: »
    St John's Wart-related I reckon.

Maybe OP has found a way around the law for pharmacies to sell it?

Not an expert myself, but from what I can tell, it's a bloody disgrace that it's banned here.

St John's Wart is banned in ireland. seriously! I always thought you could get it in healthshops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Wort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

if you are one of the above I would like to meet you. for some more info drop
    me a pm and I'll try explain a bit more

Em, why not just phone a pharmacy or walk into one and ask to speak to the owner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The suspense is killing me. Please tell us!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

St John's Wart is banned in ireland. seriously! I always thought you could get it in healthshops
    It's not banned, it's sale is regulated because it has interactions with amongst other things, female contraceptives and epilepsy medication. It can still be got with a valid prescription.

There are a few pharmacists over at the Health Scientists board although I'm not sure if there are any from this parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭goatboy1000

news_057.jpg

Advertisement