Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Landcruiser Amazon.......tentatively....

• 02-12-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Can anyone give me a little guidance or a bloody good shove in the back..
    I have had a plethora of troopers some great, one not so! I had a 01 disco private and put 200K on it and just sold it (not without its problems). Bought a 7 seater pathfinder, my wife now drives this... meanwhile I've been driving her Jag X-type Sport estate and now I'm starting to ruin it with farming stuff etc..
    Thinking of trading for a crew cab Amazone but I'm afraid of my life of buying a ball of dirt. I know that the Amazone has a bullet proof reputation and Ive driven one and fell in love with it but the air bags in suspension and other bits are putting me off. Age or number plate doesnt matter to me but If I'm buying something for €10-15K I dont want to have spend €5k in the first year or two after getting it.
    Has anybody experience with a high miler... any obs would be welcome....:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

depends what you call a high miler......my uncle runs a 350k mile one. Now used as a farm back up as he got bored of it and got a newer one!! 150k miles !

I have a 06 Amazon...........60k on clock. Bullet Bullet proof. They are over engineered. They have two batteries and where I am , I'm the only soldier on the road in the snow. Range rovers my arse.

What I would be looking at in an Amazon is service history or evidence thereafter. The 4.2 straight six turbos require a oil change/filer change every 6 k.miles....it's a simple job. Timing belt at 150km...make sure its done. Also make sure the diffs are lubed likewise fluids are done. Check the diff locks all work and the low range. The auto box should be smooth, if it's a jerky box change imho avoid.

IMO the best practible 4x4's are the big toyotas. If your into your mercs, the G Wagens are unstoppable too in the snow with their diff lock set up.

PS.....be very careful buying a commercial......a lot of them have been ragged and others still have the seats in the boot with no partition. If the cops/customs catch folk with this, they are toast with the authorities. Happened a pal of mine with a G and he suddenly got an audit. He was fine tax wise but his accountancy fees to fend the buggers off was massive.

Stop being a girls blouse, if she's a decent bus buy it but unless your getting a deal and a half crap weather encourages sellers to get greedy.......you asked for a push!

great site for info

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

I've had half a dozen different versions of the 100 series (Amazon) going back to the mid 1990's.

Bearcats advice would be +1 in my opinion.

Never had a bad experience with any of them. They are very durable, make sure you get a diff lock version (some were sold without it - absolutely useless)

They are thirsty so be aware of 18 - 21 MPG.

Advertisement