Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying xbox 360

• 02-12-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

where's the cheapest place to buy the new 250gb xbox?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

I remember seeing Harvey Norman are gonna have them on sale one of the days soon :/ not sure of the specifics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    I remember seeing Harvey Norman are gonna have them on sale one of the days soon :/ not sure of the specifics

I saw the add there on TV it was only a 4gb mentioned I think it was €157 but don't quote me on that as I really wasn't paying much attention.

I have a leaflet in the car, saying its the 250GB one :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Yeah see the 4gb on website but not 250gb

Its definatly the 250 GB on the leaflet i have, its down as €198

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Its definatly the 250 GB on the leaflet i have, its down as €198

Does it say when it will be on sale?

Ill have a look and let you know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Ill have a look and let you know

Harvey Norman selling 250g xbox + kinect with kinectanimals and a controller 250 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Harvey Norman selling 250g xbox + kinect with kinectanimals and a controller 250 euro.

:eek::eek::eek: If this is true I,ll punch the cat!
    Its E350 for this bundle everywhere else! Is this a special offer,a typo or a cruel joke.!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

cycocycle wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: If this is true I,ll punch the cat!
    Its E350 for this bundle everywhere else! Is this a special offer,a typo or Ita cruel joke.!:D

Nope its in todays paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

No way! Are they selling 250GB console on its own do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cin0

I just called HN in blanch and naas, they said they don't have 250gb + kinnect for 250E, actually they don't have 250gb at all. Only bundle they have is 4gb + kinnect for 299E..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 belhaven fan

Harvey Norman now have a 250gb xbox on their website, only problem is the pic is of an old style xbox. it costs 249 euro.

Any idea if they are going to slash the price?

is this just a temporary pic till they get a xbox slim pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Harvey Norman now have a 250gb xbox on their website, only problem is the pic is of an old style xbox. it costs 249 euro.

Any idea if they are going to slash the price?

is this just a temporary pic till they get a xbox slim pic?

They would just use the pic for the 4G so i would say its the old model.
    Knew it was to good to be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 belhaven fan

was in Harvey Norman today. The xbox 250 slim is 249 euro with a game from the discount basket. Not a lot of choice there.
    I think it was 270 euro with any of their new games, once again not alot of choice, mostky the same EA games as elsewhere.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a 250gb xbox for 250 euro with any game available

was in Harvey Norman today. The xbox 250 slim is 249 euro with a game from the discount basket. Not a lot of choice there.
    I think it was 270 euro with any of their new games, once again not alot of choice, mostky the same EA games as elsewhere.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a 250gb xbox for 250 euro with any game available
    extra vision by me €270 with halo 3 and fifa 11 or €250 for 1 game

Theres some well dodgy ads on ebay for the new xbox and people are bidding for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Theres some well dodgy ads on ebay for the new xbox and people are bidding for them

linky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i looked at it there and its "well dodge"
    weird feedback. good thumbs up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 b2thaza

I bought a used slim xbox 4gb on ebay with 8 games for €103 last sunday (12th December) , here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190478892950&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Now I know the guy had no feedback as a seller, but like I figured that people have to start somewhere right?

So I bought it, told him that if it was in any way dodgy, or that it didnt fit the description, that it would be returned, and so he shipped it (as it said on my ebay). Since the snow has slowed down post, I understand how I might not have it by now (Friday the 17th), but then he put up another listing a few days after of the same bundle, and I mailed him again asking him was it the same bundle?

I'm just wondering what you guys and gals think, I know if its fraud, i'm covered under Ebay Buyer Protection, and I made him well aware I will excercise that option, but does anyone know that for an ebay item to be marked as 'despatched' does it need to be scanned in some way? Like am I assured that my good is indeed in the Post?

I sent him an email asking him for the an post tracking number, which is given with every parcel, so thats where my situation is, would love your thoughts and i'll keep you all posted on any developments :)

Its coming from bulgaria so maybe but if your not happy start paypal dispute,you can cancel if it turns up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

http://www.goofbay.com/ebay_seller_history_tool.html?gsl_username=greeday&gsl_days=30&gsl_include=both&gsl_submit=&gsl_submit.x=75&gsl_submit.y=23

he's sold this bundle 4 times in the last couple of days so i assume its a scam

make sure that if anything does arrive you open it before signing. A paypal claim wil fail if he can provide a tracking number thats been signed for regardless of what he sent.

i actually dont think you'll receive anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

sorry, and to add, no it doesn't need to be scanned to be marked as despatched, the seller just does that themselves. I have a feeling that when ive sold stuff i've never actually marked it as sent at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 b2thaza

@irelandspurs - yeah he said he was posting from dublin, but that his account is bulgarian because thats where his credit card is registered?

@flower tattoo, thanks for that link! i'm opening up a paypal dispute now, and I can cancel it if it does come, hopefully it does, but at least I can get my money back now if it turns out to be fraud :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Stop telling people where they are on sale send a pm for god sake,They are all gone :mad:

caseyann wrote: »
    Stop telling people where they are on sale send a pm for god sake,They are all gone :mad:
    ???

Advertisement