Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need help urgently on buying MTB

• 02-12-2010 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

Im buying a second hand MTB, and ive been quoted on this setup;

newbuild2.jpg

is it any good? what you value the parts at?

i dont have anywhere else to get a second opinion.

im about 5.10", and its a medium frame? (18" aprox) is that ok?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

i reckon 18 might be to big for 5'10 ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

really? ive been out of the sport for a good few years now :o

i went onto a frame size calculator and put in my hight and leg lenth (to the inside of my crotch) and it said 19" was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

size will be fine.... what year is the bike?

mtbireland wrote: »
    size will be fine.... what year is the bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

that's a serious XC racing machine, ultra lightweight frame and great components.. 18" is perfect for 5ft10, take the bike for a spin anyways..

Due to its race geometry you should be a bit more stretched out, flatter back position when cycling... Would not be ideal for a beginner though, but if you are used to road bikes then just fine..

The carbon frame will soak up the bumps nicely as the Fox forks are the best you can buy..

• Advertisement

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    that's a serious XC racing machine, ultra lightweight frame and great components.. 18" is perfect for 5ft10, take the bike for a spin anyways..

Due to its race geometry you should be a bit more stretched out, flatter back position when cycling... Would not be ideal for a beginner though, but if you are used to road bikes then just fine..

The carbon frame will soak up the bumps nicely as the Fox forks are the best you can buy..
    yeah im coming from a road bike / hybrid background. i cycle everyday anyway, and this'll continue to be my only form of transport.

what would a new bike with those specs cost roughly?

im getting those specs i listed built for me for €900?

so good price? those bikes you listed have XTR parts, and mine is XT, is there a major difference?

yeah the XT parts will last longer but will be a little heavier... which is better for what you plan to do with your bike.... Do you know which frame it is..?

yeah the XT parts will last longer but will be a little heavier... which is better for what you plan to do with your bike.... Do you know which frame it is..?
    its this frame here:

www.epicmtb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12372

• Advertisement

ahh I know the seller.. yeah it's alright at that money...but would try get some different shifters instead of the gripshift....

ahh I know the seller.. yeah it's alright at that money...but would try get some different shifters instead of the gripshift....
    just googled the shifters, those things are ****e. will see what i can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭sgriffin

You can't go wrong with Mac on epic gent to deal with,

On the other hand if you can ? go for xt shifters, great feel off them and super tough !

Good spec for €900

Advertisement