Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me get revenge on scumbag f*** who ruined my car with snowballs...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

If they open the car doors again call the cops (might take em 6 hours to get there though), report an attempted carjacking, claim they stole €1000 in cash and a laptop from the back seat and watch as 4 years later they finally get to court and receive 1 hours community service.

That'll learn em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

giftgrub wrote: »
    Ok I know no one was hurt but i got mobbed on the way home by a gang of gurriers last night.

One guy came out in front of me with a snowball so big he had to carry it in both arms, i sloewd down and thats when all hell broke loose.

a gang of them came at me, one c**t even opened my door and ruined the inside of the car.

I'm a grown man but it could have been my missus or someone with kids....

I have to go the same way tonight... any non lethal revenge options? I'd pick up dog crap and chuck it at them if i could find it...

You don't lock your doors? Ever heard of car-jacking.
    Anyway why didn't you grab the guy who threw snow into your car and box the head off him?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,379 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ok I know no one was hurt but i got mobbed on the way home by a gang of gurriers last night.

One guy came out in front of me with a snowball so big he had to carry it in both arms, i sloewd down and thats when all hell broke loose.

a gang of them came at me, one c**t even opened my door and ruined the inside of the car.

I have to go the same way tonight... any non lethal revenge options? I'd pick up dog crap and chuck it at them if i could find it...
    Well, I'd love to read over that insurance claim :p why were the doors unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

wait untill the year 2029 by which time time travel will have been perfected.

Remember that nothing dead goes so you will have to make the trip naked (try and aim for somewhere near a department store at night).

Travel back to approximately one year before they were born, so about mid nineties. Using mysterious antequated technology known as a "phone book" you can track down their respective mothers and murder them, thus the incident will never have happened.

Kinda like a retroactive abortion.

If the incident won't happen then he wouldn't have a reason to travel back in time...

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Don't know whether it's been said before but buy a pellet gun,they're legal now.
    How are they to know if it's real or not?
    Sure even if they don't run just shoot em,it's gonna sting em but it ain't lethal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

Problem with most of the solutions is that after you act, with the road conditions so bad, you'll be a sitting duck. I'd say the fun will begin then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

rejkin wrote: »
    Don't know whether it's been said before but buy a pellet gun,they're legal now.
    How are they to know if it's real or not?
    Sure even if they don't run just shoot em,it's gonna sting em but it ain't lethal.

As an owner of a 'pellet gun' I can tell you that such an act would constitute assault with a deadly weapon, and the new offence of brandishing a replica firearm in public.

So thats a pretty f*ckin awful idea, joking aside.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

get a camera, take pictures, post on the internet / report to guards

it's the broken window theory, you are dong the kids and society a favour

no problem with primary school kids playing but with older ones I've had a few stand in the road in front of me, was so tempted to jam on so the car would slide

yes I'd be worried that they'd put stones in break windows, during the 80's so I'm told they put snow men across the road down Kylemore and diverted traffic to a cul-de-sac and mugged them

super soaker or water filled balloons , or 007's DB with the water cannon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Obaraten wrote: »
    were they schoolkids or scumbags?

schoolbags, or scumkids i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

What sort of car have you got? Is it soluble or something?
    It's kids playing with snowballs, get over it!!:mad:

It's alright to hit the outside of a car with snow, that's fine, no damage there.

When some little prick opens my car door while I'm driving and hits me in the face with a snowball from less than a yard away, then I'm going to be pissed.

Snowballs don't hurt from 20 yards away, but some little prick with a solid arm throwing a well packed snowball from a yard away, that can feel like a punch. How would you like it if I opened your door and punched you? I'm only play with my fist, get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

How come you were driving around with your doors open OP ???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Grab one of em,throw him in the boot and tell his mates that you're gona rape him and leave him in the mountains.Works every time....oops did I say that out loud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just tell them their mothers would be very disappointed.

I use this line on ruffians all the time and it always works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

3 no-good teens snowballed my car yesterday. I got out and tore off down the street after them.
    The sickly little nintendo jockeys barely covered 30 metres before i caught them.

The one i grabbed looked at me in astonishment, lip trembling, and said "What are you doing?"
    I couldn't answer that as I hadn't really thought about it, so I just made some awkward threat and went back to the car.

They waited until I was opening the car door and then called me a wanker.

Still, i felt a lot better than if I'd just let them off. Someone needs to put a bit of fear into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sham_Lad

That happened in Tuam last year on well known road. Little thugs walked in front of a car with an elderly couple inside forcing them to stop. Once stopped, they pulled all the doors open and fired snow, mud, rocks, whatever they could grab.

The poor couple were severly tramautised an the inside of their car was a disaster.

Nothing harmful so I guess special "snow balls" made from a mixture of thermite and play doh is out of the question...

How about this: Buy a super shooter squirt gun, 2 liters of water, a pack of asparagus and prepare for the trip home.

Eat the asparagus, drink the water, and "Fill" the squirt gun (Perhaps add some green food colouring).

Only shoot in defence though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

We were all young once get over it ffs its just a bit of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I use this line on ruffians all the time and it always works.

Ruffians!!! are these the types of kids they had in the 1860's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Does no-one but me use their feckin central locking? Christ I wouldn't leave the car doors unlocked on the clearest, sunniest day ever while driving through town, and I sure as feck amn't going to do in these conditions with ill-mannered little <unts trying all sorts of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What sort of car have you got? Is it soluble or something?
    It's kids playing with snowballs, get over it!!:mad:
    We were all young once get over it ffs its just a bit of snow

Group of kids throwing snowballs at cars and trying to spin them and open the doors. One driver is startled by what's happening, skids on the road, and one young lad is flattened under the wheels. All a bit of fun though I guess :rolleyes:

Does no-one but me use their feckin central locking? Christ I wouldn't leave the car doors unlocked on the clearest, sunniest day ever while driving through town, and I sure as feck amn't going to do in these conditions with ill-mannered little <unts trying all sorts of ****e.

I know! Total basic driving FAIL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Went through Trinity yesterday to get to Pearse after the buses had stopped. About 15-20 lads were firing snowballs at anyone who went past the cricket pitch.

Throwing snowballs at each other = Snow fun!

Repeatedly throwing hard snowballs full force at women in the face from less than 10ft away = Being an arsehole

Everyone else just tried to get by quickly and said nothing. As soon as one hit me I was effing and blinding. You can take the girl out of Coolock, but you can't take Coolock out of the girl... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

As an owner of a 'pellet gun' I can tell you that such an act would constitute assault with a deadly weapon, and the new offence of brandishing a replica firearm in public.

So thats a pretty f*ckin awful idea, joking aside.

But they're just little scrotes anyway, so they're hardly going to go runnung to the Guards. Sure the Guards will probably just check them for stolen property and then arrest them.;)
    How come you were driving around with your doors open OP ???? :confused:

Does everyone here always drive around with their doors locked? I don't, it'd be a bit of a pain for getting out of the car. I would, however, quickly lock the door if I see someone coming towards my car. And surely there are some safety issues, is there any possibility of getting trapped in your car in a collision?

OP, if it happens again, when one of them comes towards your door, quickly shove the door open, smashing it into his face then close and lock the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭Degag

Paintball gun. You heard it here first!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

dsmythy wrote: »
    Group of kids throwing snowballs at cars and trying to spin them and open the doors. One driver is startled by what's happening, skids on the road, and one young lad is flattened under the wheels. All a bit of fun though I guess :rolleyes:

If its one of the little scummers involved who ends up under the wheels.. then isnt karma a b*tch.. I wouldnt have any sympathy to be honest..

Does everyone here always drive around with their doors locked? I don't, it'd be a bit of a pain for getting out of the car. I would, however, quickly lock the door if I see someone coming towards my car. And surely there are some safety issues, is there any possibility of getting trapped in your car in a collision?

Jaws of life!!!

Anyway the chances of your car being invaded by someone (road rager/thief/carjacker) are far greater than being involved in an accident. In a car you're a sitting duck so always keep the doors locked.

Unless you are heading for a large body of water, then release the seatbelts and open the window!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doubletalk

Its my car that I've worked and pay for. I doubt you would have liked it.

you have still failed to explain how the car was ruined by snow which is what he was referring to

I presume you mean you lost a bit of your dignity and felt a bit vulnerable... personally i'd learn my lesson and have the doors locked next time

I know! Total basic driving FAIL!
    Official Trapped in Car After Computer Fails

5/12/2003

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Security guards smashed their way into an official limousine with sledgehammers on Monday to rescue Thailand's finance minister after his car's computer failed.

Suchart Jaovisidha and his driver were trapped inside the BMW for more than 10 minutes before guards broke a window. All doors and windows had locked automatically when the computer crashed, and the air-conditioning stopped, officials said.

'We could hardly breathe for over 10 minutes,' Suchart told reporters. 'It took my guard a long time to realize that we really wanted the window smashed so that we could crawl out. It was a harrowing experience.'

I did a little research on my own theory. I'm not saying no one should ever lock their car doors while driving but it's food for thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

Obaraten wrote: »
    were they schoolkids or scumbags?

Schoolkid Scumbags.

Jaws of life!!!

Anyway the chances of your car being invaded by someone (road rager/thief/carjacker) are far greater than being involved in an accident. In a car you're a sitting duck so always keep the doors locked.

Unless you are heading for a large body of water, then release the seatbelts and open the window!!!

I appreciate that the likelihood of being trapped in your car is considerably lower than having some little fcuker open your door but it's good to know that no matter what, you're never completely safe. Or maybe it would be better not to know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Right, so what i can gather from some of the posts is that I'm in the wrong here for
    • Not having a sense of humour.
    • Driving with my doors unlocked.

I'm asking everyone of those posters have they ever had their car door yanked open and been pelted with snow in the middle of the night by a gang of gurriers?

Advertisement