Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vhs to dvd

Options
  • 02-12-2010 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi how can i put say a video tape onto dvd? have a vhs recorder and a dvd recorder. Just said id ask because its a wedding video and dont want to mess it up, i know i need leads but which type.?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Isthisnecessary

A short answer would be the best quality scart leads you can afford. You can have a month's trial of the which? consumer website for £1. go to section on T.V.s You can list the equipment you have and they will show you a diagram of how to connect them up for best results. Fabulous resource for the uninitiated. I'm an amateur and have managed to put VHS onto dvd but I wouldn't remember how exactly without confusing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

If you have your VHS hooked up Via scart to DVD then Press Source to select whichever AVI..SVI..SV2 etc. then after you rewind tape to the start press ...play ..on the VHS and ...record ...on the dvd recorder...don't forget to have a suitable disc in the DVD recorder. Hope that helps.
    Do a test transfer for a minute on the dvd... then play that bit...if you are happy then erase the disc and start again. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

dellasale wrote: »
    Hi how can i put say a video tape onto dvd? have a vhs recorder and a dvd recorder. Just said id ask because its a wedding video and dont want to mess it up, i know i need leads but which type.?:confused:

if its only the one tape why not pay someone to do it for you. particularly if you are happy to convert the whole thing rather than just sections of it.

afaik Chartbusters (no longer in business) were doing it for €20.

if thats the case you could be saving yourself a lot of hassle for €20.

edit : I see you have a DVD recorder and a VHS ( i was answering based on the hassle I had with USB capture cards.. you don't want to go there :) )

does your VHS or DVD recorder have Scart out and Scart in sockets ?

if so wouldn't it be as simple as connecting the VHS scart out to the DVD scart in using a Scart cable.

if there is no scart out on the VHS then afaik you need a Scart out adapter( i learnt this from using the USB capture card)

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cliffon3

hey guys,

just to let ye know we convert vhs to dvd in a small shop in kilkenny,

what you get:

dvd
    dvd box
    dvd cover
    dvd box cover

all for only 10 euro per dvd

if you need to you can post us the tapes and we will convert them and send them back, but please note delivery charge will be added. all major cards taken. if you would like more info please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AirsoftAndy

if ur trying 2 do multiple videos get a hd pvr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 XChloeXx

lionela wrote: »
    If you have your VHS hooked up Via scart to DVD then Press Source to select whichever AVI..SVI..SV2 etc. then after you rewind tape to the start press ...play ..on the VHS and ...record ...on the dvd recorder...don't forget to have a suitable disc in the DVD recorder. Hope that helps.
    Do a test transfer for a minute on the dvd... then play that bit...if you are happy then erase the disc and start again. Cheers
    mmm....

Advertisement