Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting an xbox

• 02-12-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering how people send their xboxes around the country to be flashed, what courier do they use, i have got some people to post drives only, but a lot of people are afraid to open their xbox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

how is this relevant to console modding?

EDIT: professional modding companies should know how to use professional delivery companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

docentore wrote: »
    how is this relevant to console modding?

EDIT: professional modding companies should know how to use professional delivery companies.

I thought boards was about helping out people, and getting info, not picking on one mistake a poster made, and keep having a go at that poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Wiseloads - http://wiseloads.com

There's also An Post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As TV said, I think that link originally came from Witnessmenow, seems very reasonable.

I've sent a few around using standard registered post also, with a tracking number.

Folks, please don't turn this into a train-wreck like that last thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »
    As TV said, I think that link originally came from Witnessmenow, seems very reasonable.

I've sent a few around using standard registered post also, with a tracking number.

Yup, the wiseloads.com link is from Witnessmenow and they must be pretty decent because a guy posted me 3 mainboards to JTAG with 'em. 1 day delivery too :P

• Advertisement

Yup, the wiseloads.com link is from Witnessmenow and they must be pretty decent because a guy posted me 3 mainboards to JTAG with 'em. 1 day delivery too :P

Well there you have it Nial, recommendations & feedback. Who said boards is no use :D Nice one TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Thanks a lot guys, i must start posting more here, i have being doing xboxes for years now and could probably give advice to anyone wanting to mod themselves

niallo27 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot guys, i must start posting more here, i have being doing xboxes for years now and could probably give advice to anyone wanting to mod themselves

Please do, the more helpful folks we have here the better.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I thought boards was about helping out people, and getting info, not picking on one mistake a poster made, and keep having a go at that poster.

my apologies. Was stuck in the traffic for few hours and that affected my mood.
    Once again I'm sorry.

You could prepare some kind of tutorial or guidance how to open the Xbox to take out the drive, just the thought.
    I'm using An Post registered mostly, no problems so far.

docentore wrote: »
    my apologies. Was stuck in the traffic for few hours and that affected my mood.
    Once again I'm sorry.

You could prepare some kind of tutorial or guidance how to open the Xbox to take out the drive, just the thought.
    I'm using An Post registered mostly, no problems so far.

Well TV got his bad day outta the way, yours today...god help everyone when it's mine :p:pac:

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well TV got his bad day outta the way, yours today...god help everyone when it's mine :p:pac:

Moderator can't have bad day, if he does I'm not going anywhere near forum ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yeah I'll also recomend wiseloads, although had a bit of an issue last week with them, they were ment to collect something Thursday and they only collected it monday, with no explenation?

Now, its possible its my fault as I put through the order on my phone. I'll be getting in touch when im back in Ireland, if I ever get back (had my 3rd flight cancelled today!)

I believe An Post is €16-€20 for one console registered.

Wiseloads is €12.10 and you can possibly add more. I posted 3 mainboards and cages for €12.10 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Anpost
    15.10 standard
    18.60 recorded post

Advertisement