Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK mobile phone networks

• 02-12-2010 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Does anyone know what's the best network to go with in the UK? Particularly one that offers cheap international calls and texts? Talk mobile seem to have a fairly good international package, but I've never heard of them before and have no idea if they're any good!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

3 do a thing where if you ring a Irish number it costs the same as a uk number so you can use your minutes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 Hexkitten

I have a talk mobile number, once you live in an area with decent signal the free international minutes are brilliant and catch-free. I've been using them for 14 months now. Basically if you top up by £10 you get 160 free minutes or something...I forget how much exactly but its loads anyway, I usually top up by £20 at a time and usually have over 300 minutes. The only thing is that you can only get one reward per month, so eve if you top up again if its in less than 30 days you won't get any new free international minutes. You can use the minutes for landlines or mobiles anywhere outside the UK so it really is great for me.

Talk mobile has ridiculously bad network where I live though - I quite literally have to have my head on the window in one room of my house, that is the only place in town I get signal - but I live beside mountains, I'm not sure how good the network for talk mobile is throughout the UK.

Advertisement