Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekender sold

Options
  • 02-12-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

just read on northwest express website that the sligo weekender was sold to a company from wexford. Wonder if there is any truth in that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

The Sligo Weekender newspaper has been sold by media company Thomas Crosbie Holdings (TCH).

The new owner of the award-winning tabloid newspaper is Carrick-on-Shannon native Kevin Mitchell who operates the successful contracting printing company Datascope in Wexford.

Mr Mitchell said: "It’s a great honour to take over such a progressive newspaper. We intend to build on the first class service to readers and advertisers. We are delighted to be the new owners."

TCH interim chief executive Tom Murphy said: "The Weekender is a fine newspaper with a great tradition in Sligo. I know it will continue to give great service to the county under its new owner."

The transfer of the ownership is expected to be completed within the next two weeks.

All current Weekender employees, except chief executive Brian Feeney and accountant Mary Lacey, will transfer with the title.

Mr Feeney and Ms Lucey will remain with TCH in their existing roles as chief executive and accountant respectively with the Western People.

Yes.
    Mr Feeney said it was a privilege to work with such a fine team of people at the Weekender.

"I’m proud of the success achieved by the staff during my time with the paper. I know they’ll continue to set the bar for media in Sligo," he added.

TCH owns the Irish Examiner, The Sunday Business Post and a number of regional titles, as well as online properties including breakingnews.ie, motornet.ie and recruitireland.com.

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/business/thomas-crosbie-holdings-sells-sligo-weekender-484107.html#ixzz16xq0P9yL

A new editor would be an improvement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What a waste of twenty quid.

Advertisement