Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry keypad password suddenly not working !!!!

Options
  • 02-12-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8110 and, as the title explains, my keypad password suddenly doesn't work anymore. I tried to put the password in a few times, sometimes happens you might accidently hit another button and you try again without thinking. I realised it still wasn't working then decided to properly watch what I was putting in. I did that again once or twice and didnt work. I took out the battery and sim for a bit then tried again but no luck. Im on my last attempt now and it says that if I fail to enter the password correctly then all my information will be lost.

The password is my son's first name, and it has been that ever since I got the phone. I used the phone this morning a few times and everything was fine. I went out in the car and later pulled in to make a phonecall and the password wouldn't work, and I couldn't make the call as a result.

Nobody else had the phone at any stage today as I live on my own and went out in the car on my own. So it not like someone could have taken the phone and changed the password on me. I didn't drop the phone or spill anything on it or anything like that. It was in my pocket, then on the passenger seat of the car before it all went wrong.

I cannot afford to lose the information on my phone. I've just started a new business and all my contacts are in it. I've got all my contacts for friends and family, as well as contacts for people that I have no other method of contact for and will not be able to contact them again if I lose their details now.

This is unbelievable. :mad:

Has this happened to anyone before? Is there any way around this?

Can RIM reset my password or do something for me?

I cannot afford to 'try' anything else now, I need a definite solution to get back into my phone, as it's my last attempt at the password, or I'm completely screwed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is it possible that one of the keys has malfunctioned? I'd reckon it's moisture damage in this weather or you have caps lock on or number text format set on the keypad.
    You should contact blackberry support there probably the only advise you can trust at this stage but i'm not sure what they could do.
    The fact you say the password is a name makes me think the password is now going in number format is causing the problem, i'm not sure how you correct this on a blackberry but it should be a simple matter of holding 2 buttons to put it back to text input.

Did you not have the phone backed up or synced with anything like google?

If you do get it back up and going save all your contacts to google it'll make it every easy if you need to change phones or need your contacts in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kes83

I havent got it sync'd with anything, but I'll take your advice on that and backup my information in future so thanks for that.

On my Blackberry you would always see each character entered for a second, as you enter each letter, before it turns to an asterix (*). So I can still see what Im entering each time. The last few times I picked up the phone to try get in it asks for you to enter the word 'Blackberry' before you can attempt your own password, and I know from entering that in that its in lower case letters as it always was.

Are you using Blackberry Bes or Bis? I think bes users can reset the password but Bis can't.

Not using Blackberry Enterprise Server. Not sure what BIS is?

bis- blackberry internet services.

Are you anywhere near a fonemenders?

• Advertisement

No. Have never been to one either

Advertisement