Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Am I paying too much??

• 02-12-2010 4:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

My bi-monthly bill for eircom is €102.

I was just wondering am I paying too much or is there a cheaper bundle
    available.

I consider eircom to be the most reliable service out there, I'm in the Kildare area and I have had very few problems with their service, the broadband speed is good and they seem very reliable.

My bill says I am paying €54.30 for eircom talktime chatter, which I presume I need even though I don't use my landline, but I have to have the landline for my broadband signal.

Then they have 'Next gen broadband Regular' which supposedly includes
    a d/l speed of up to 8MB and a download allowance of 30GB)
    This is 29.99 per month inc vat apaprently.
    Then it also says on my bill..
    'Charge for next gen broadband regular €18.86.

My bb speed having done a speedtest is a little over 2MB so I am not getting this high speed bb they seem to be promising.

Are there better deals available?

The last customer services rep I spoke to said that was the best they could do whilst guaranteeing the same quality of broadband I have had for the last couple of years. But I am dubious about their customer services as I presume they will be trying to get people onto the most expensive package possible with so many new competitors like Vodafone about for example.

Would appreciate any advice if you have any.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

NGB gives you the best your line can handle, up to a max of 8Mbps. Your line can obviously only handle 2Mbps, so you'll never get any better than that. Talk time chatter is a phone package, so if you don't use the phone at all, get rid of it. You're paying for something you don't use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

OP
    Register at Eircom's forum here and post your scenario to one of the moderators there. Ask them to revise your package down to suit your requirements. They will, they are very helpful there.

I too am an Eircom customer. I use broadband and have free weekend local and national calls. If this is all you need, then you should be able to halve your bill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

dnme wrote: »
    OP
    Register at Eircom's forum here and post your scenario to one of the moderators there. Ask them to revise your package down to suit your requirements. They will, they are very helpful there.

I too am an Eircom customer. I use broadband and have free weekend local and national calls. If this is all you need, then you should be able to halve your bill.

I'll try that, thank you!

Advertisement