Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for new tyres

Options
  • 02-12-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi folks, i've recently moved to Trim and with the cold snap we're experiencing i'd like to get a set of winter tyres put on my car. I'm just wondering if any of you could recommend somewhere reasonable and good to do this for me, doesn't have to be in Trim am willing to travel a bit to get them.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Lc tyres on the old N3
    behind the topaz garage there at Bracetown ind. estate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Welcome to Trim! Its nice at the moment if you can get around.

I just got tyres for my missus today at the tyre place beside Gillens Texaco garage on the Dublin road. I usually shop around for stuff but my wife wanted they tyres fairly quickly. I found the guy there to be pretty good. I have also bought off Jim Losty beside the Castle Arch hotel and found him good as well. If you know the tyre size it might be worth it to give them a call and get prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

They guys out in Autostop (motor park on the navan road) are good too. I started with them for tyres and moved on to them for all mechanical car stuff. For tyres, you can go budget, standard economy, or high end of the market - in other words they'll sort you with a range of budget options - just tell them what you are after.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

dixiefly wrote: »
    Welcome to Trim! Its nice at the moment if you can get around.

I just got tyres for my missus today at the tyre place beside Gillens Texaco garage on the Dublin road. I usually shop around for stuff but my wife wanted they tyres fairly quickly. I found the guy there to be pretty good. I have also bought off Jim Losty beside the Castle Arch hotel and found him good as well. If you know the tyre size it might be worth it to give them a call and get prices.

I was in there today looking for tyres for my wife's car also! He must be doing great business this weather. He's ordering mine in, seems reasonable price-wise, certainly no higher than elsewhere I've been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

PauloMN wrote: »
    I was in there today looking for tyres for my wife's car also! He must be doing great business this weather. He's ordering mine in, seems reasonable price-wise, certainly no higher than elsewhere I've been.

Thats gas!
    The guy there was good, seems to be from Dublin. Pointed out an issue with the car that we had seen but were unsure of.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Got 2 tyres for my car and 2 for my wife's car during the week. Nice lads, they do general servicing also and gave me a decent quote for brake pads.

Handy for me anyway, 'cause I can walk to and from there. :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Wheelspin just outside Duleek on the road to Drogheda are very good. Decent prices and they will do their best to get what you need. Can't fault them.

Advertisement