Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seating and standing at events

Options
  • 02-12-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if I could get your two cents on the issue of seating and standing at gigs.

The reason being I have seated tickets for an upcoming rock gig in the o2. I'm really wanting to change these for standing. This isn't an invite for a ticket swap. It is just I'm curious, is it that big of a difference?

I've went to countless concerts and I have always stood (I guess not seeing the point of a seated ticket) but now I have the tickets I'm sort of curious to see what the difference will be?

Anyone here share their expiriences regarding the pluses and minius of a seating and standing for concerts et al.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ive stood at every concert Ive ever been to with the exception of both times Ive seen Rush because they played all seater arenas. At both Rush gigs , everyone stood for the entire show anyway ... so Im of no help ... sorry .... I'll get my coat ..... better make it a heavy overcoat type ... what with the snow 'n' all ... Im waffling now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

I stand at every gig I go to because I find it hard to get into the music if I'm not jumping around the place. I sat once and hated it. If you like to "mosh" then there is a huge difference. If you like to just stand and watch, theres little difference (I imagine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

I've had seating tickets for a good few gigs recently and ended up standing up every time because everyone else in the seating section decided they were standing so I couldn't see a thing (except arse), which is pretty ****ing annoying when you've shelled out the extra money for a seat, especially for a specific reason, e.g. your health :rolleyes:

So if you're just thinking there'll being no vibe cos you're stuck sitting down, I wouldn't worry about it cos you'll more than likely be standing after about 3 songs anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Normally I would stand at every gig I go to and initially, this is what I did at guns n roses in september. however after standing around for 6 hours, i decided to go upstairs and take one of the empty seats. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sound in the seating area was far superior to what it had been when I had been downstairs!

I'll always stand if i'm at a rock concert but my brief experience of seating in the o2 was enough to make me consider it for future "non-rock" concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Standing is by far the better option, almost certain when I was at Green Day last year the staff were going around telling everyone in the seats who was standing to sit back down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I like seating if you have good seats. I was in Block B for Kiss in The O2 earlier in the year and it was amazing, but for Iron Maiden in July I was waaay down the back in the nosebleed seats. Typically I opt for standing if I feel I'm going to be jumping or dancing around for most of concert.

I've never been seated in Tripod before but I would opt for it in the future; it gets unbearably packed in the standing area for sold out gigs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I've been seated for one of the gigs, and I must say the experience is not the same.

If you enjoy being stuck in the pushy, sweaty crowd and mosh for the entire concert (like myself) you'll be missing out..

You'll probably still be standing, unless its one of those concerts where they go around telling everyone to sit down (everyone was standing at Paramore), but the atmosphere isn't the same.

Sound is much better, but meh. =P

Advertisement