Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash Club in greystones

Options
  • 02-12-2010 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

does anyone know if there's a squash club in greystones, played once with some mates and really enjoyed it so looking to get into it a bit more:).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

http://www.irishsquash.com/find_a_club.html

it would appear there are none in Greystones, or County Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Quackhart

Dundrum Family Recreation Centre, Meadowbrook, Dundrum
    Tel. 298 4654

I used to play a bit and always went here, dropped out of playing while the refurb was on. Otherwwise it's Leopardstown and the fitness clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mak78

None in North Wicklow but closest one is Sandycove - I'm a member there and its a great club , 2 courts , internal league so you can get some games and get to know people. Great club for beginners or people wanting to get into squash!

Let me know if interested and I can put you in touch with the club...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,856 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wish there was somewhere near Greystones - used to be a court in Kilcoole but I think H&S got to that.

I play a couple of times a week (and still absolutely stink) in UCD. €13 for a 40minute slot. 4 courts. Can be awkward to actually get a court at times though. You can pre-book and pre-pay for a court when you are in there, but you can only ring to book a court in the morning of the day you want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,856 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Quackhart wrote: »
    Dundrum Family Recreation Centre, Meadowbrook, Dundrum
    Tel. 298 4654

I used to play a bit and always went here, dropped out of playing while the refurb was on. Otherwwise it's Leopardstown and the fitness clubs.

You have to be a member of Westwood to use their courts - they won't allow public use and there is no 'squash only' membership either, which is a pity. UCD, as I have mentioned would be one of the closer usable places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mak78

Its a pity that it wasn't considered to build a couple of courts in Shoreline in either Greystones or Bray - considering the size of the population and catchment area it would probably get a lot of use and provide a great new sports facility in the area.

Theres quite a few people from this area playing in my club in Sandycove at the moment as its the closest.

A wonder if enough people expressed an interest if something could be gotten off the ground in either facility......

Advertisement