Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citylink now offers taxsaver tix ...

Options
  • 02-12-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭

I recently noticed a few new features being advertised by Citylink.

While I'm loathe to do their advertising for them, one feature (access to TaxSaver discounts) would be quite significant to some folks ... so I though I'd mention it here. (Briefly considered putting it in the county forum, but it's just not so well-read).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You are a walking billboard justmary.

This is also available on other public transport services such as IarnrodEireann, BusEireann etc. I'm pretty sure any worker who does commute by public transport is aware of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

JustMary wrote: »
    I recently noticed a few new features being advertised by Citylink.

While I'm loathe to do their advertising for them, one feature (access to TaxSaver discounts) would be quite significant to some folks ... so I though I'd mention it here. (Briefly considered putting it in the county forum, but it's just not so well-read).

Yes just noticed that this week on Citylink website when booking tickets...

Just to let folk know that this week they started a commuter service from Galway to Athlone, which is great if you dislike driving like me!
    It drops off and collects every hour at Athlone IT, great for students especially as fewer will be able to afford to run a car with the cuts in the grant and reg. fee increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    You are a walking billboard justmary.

This is also available on other public transport services such as IarnrodEireann, BusEireann etc. I'm pretty sure any worker who does commute by public transport is aware of this.

Why thank you :)

Actually, until now I incorrectly believed that the taxsaver scheme was only available with state-owned public transport companies. They're certainly the only ones listed in www.taxsaver.ie I suspect I'm not the only one who thought this.

The nice folks on the Commuting and Transport forum say that there are couple of other private bus companies offering the scheme too.

Advertisement