Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New book about Castletown.

Options
  • 02-12-2010 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Just got back from the village great to see the army in action on the streets.
    Anyway was in Spar and saw this book Castletown Estate a walk through history. It is full of facts about the history of Castletown lots of stuff that I never knew. I didn't realise their was so much history attached to the place where I live. Puts a new perspective on it. Well done Fifi Smith. Pity I missed the book launch . Would be nice to have your signature on the book. Will Spar be getting more copies seems I got the last one. I know my sister in England would love one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Seconds Away

Just read the PD on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Castletown-Estate-Walk-Through-History/dp/0956061591/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291312869&sr=1-1
    "It is packed full of information, both local and national. The tour follows the clues left behind in the landscape by a huge variety of fascinating characters and brings together many interesting stories from Cavaliers hiding in the woods to 1798 rebels crossing the lawns.
    Each tour stop examines momentous moments in national and international life that punctuates the 420 year old history of Castletown."

Will get a copy or two next time I venture downtown. Good idea greengurll would make a nice stocking filler for my daughter who emigrated a few years ago. Doubt she will return anytime soon and this would be a nice keepsake of the place where she grew up.

Advertisement