Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the verdict on the Seat Exeo?

• 02-12-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the verdict on the Exeo is now that it has been on the market over a year. Is there any reoccurring problems or issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

censuspro wrote: »
    Is there any reoccurring problems or issues?

It's still an obsolete rebadged Audi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Nice car but way overpriced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Basically a slightly re-styled B7 A4 with the latest VW Group engines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In my opinion the a4 sold on its meat styling and badge. The rest is humdrum.

So what you have is an average car without the badge or nice styling.

If you're after a car using this criteria then the skoda superb is worth a shot, its just as dull, has equally questionable looks but has the benefit of being massive and well equipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Just wondering what the verdict on the Exeo is now that it has been on the market over a year. Is there any reoccurring problems or issues?

Its been on the market for the last 8 odd years, just without a Seat badge, so nothing new to look out for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's just a stop gap model. The last Toledo bombed because it was one of the silliest looking and pointless cars ever produced. The Altea and the Altea XL did the same job. They had to get something to plug the gap and as they fall under Audis control within the VAG group it made sense for the bean counters.

The car isn't a class leader, but has good engines, specs and is properly screwed together. It should last well (plenty of mega mileage A4s doing the rounds) but I personally think it's slightly expensive and could had been made look an bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If you draw the pension and like beige then buy the Seat Exeo.

I had a B7 A4 and got a little sick when I first saw the Exeo. If you buy a top end model then you might be a little better off but NOBODY will.

Awful purchase for anybody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭Andrew42

Look around you, how many do you see on the roads? There's your answer, the market has spoken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im sure seat would have made it alot better looking but Audi wouldnt like that so it was never going to happen. I finf it funny that everyone here is condemning it. If it had been produced with a skoda badge, everyone would be saying..... fools buy audis when you can have the newest engines in just a slightly older but well tested chassis for alot less money. Now that I think about it, why not kill off the ugly Octavia and do something similar to fill void

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

mickdw wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, why not kill off the ugly Octavia and do something similar to fill void

Think of the boot man!

:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement