Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Does anyone know what would be the best way to get down to the e picinic?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Depends on what you are taking with you. if you travelling light get bus down and then taxi over. very very handy and quick.

done that last year and will probably do the same this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

have the frames been added to the list yet?

i hope paddy casey, mundy and sharon shannon are back too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Does anyone know what would be the best way to get down to the e picinic?

Where are you travelling from?

Loads of buses run from Dublin on the morning of the Picnic and bring you straight to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

conno16 wrote: »
    have the frames been added to the list yet?

i hope paddy casey, mundy and sharon shannon are back too

I hope not! Each are popular for one song each!

• Advertisement

someone like Jay Z would be a great addition to the list.
    I thought he'd stick around last year after glastonbury
    maybe this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I'm still holding out for Anna Calvi, Portishead, Fleet Foxes, And So I Watch You From Afar and Elbow. They all fit as the type of act that would play EP.
    I was hoping Low would be on the list but checking their tour schedule that seems unlikely.

Nadine Coyle is another artist being tipped for the trip to Laois.
    Have to say i'm not familiar with her material.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Nadine Coyle is another artist being tipped for the trip to Laois.
    Have to say i'm not familiar with her material.

Your last ban will be infinitely shorter than the one that's coming to you if you make another post similar to your last 3.

Also i'd ask other posters to not entertain these type of posts by replying to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Arcade Fire down for Saturday on their own site
    http://www.arcadefire.com/shows/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Hopefully they headline the Electric Arena to give the same vibe as the 2005 atmosphere! If not they probably will go on before Chemical Brothers as they usually have a dance act headline the main stage on a Saturday

i'll be back off to the campsite to read my book when the chemical brothers arrive
    someone should tell them its not 1996 anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Hopefully they headline the Electric Arena to give the same vibe as the 2005 atmosphere! If not they probably will go on before Chemical Brothers as they usually have a dance act headline the main stage on a Saturday

I was at that gig. I'd only heard a few songs off of Funeral the week before in my mate's house and thought they sounded interesting so we all headed along. Best gig I was ever at. The whole campsite was spontaneously singing the chorus of from 'Wake Up' for the rest of the week-end. The really cool thing was that in subsequent years people still did it even though they haven't played there since-a bit like the crowd chanting "Keano Keano" at Old Trafford years after Roy Keane retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'd like to see these added to the line-up.

The Dears
    Darker My Love
    Ham Sandwich
    Beck (Yeah right!)

I wonder if there's another announcement at the end of this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I'd love to see Primus at EP but they'll have been and gone by then. Also, Austra would be a good addition but she's already playing Crawdaddy in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I know it won't happen but Two Door Cinema Club would be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

i'll be back off to the campsite to read my book when the chemical brothers arrive

:rolleyes:

Seen them about 3 years ago at EP. Best gig of the night (despite that poor fella passing away during the set,RIP). Still as relevant as ever. I've seen them about 10 times and despite not being a huge fan of live electronic music I was blown away by that gig.

Can't wait to see them at Glasto.

Might only get to one year of EP, if I'm lucky this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is there e's at it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I wouldnt say that. Still put on a good show and had i that thinking i would not have bothered with leftfield last year and that was amazing.

Anyway, tv on the radio, portishead, wilco. Thatd be some nice additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Is there e's at it?

What ever you're into but I don't think they're necessary for the Chemical Brothers.

Is that ironing??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Awful line up IMO. :mad:

With the exception of Death in Vegus, Killing Joke, Chemical Brothers & Mogwai.

Everyone else is either plain bad, boring or just trendy b****x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Is there e's at it?
    Yeah, they hand them out at the entrance to the arena. Serious dishko biscuits!

Should we be expecting another EP announcement soon after Oxegen announces more bands tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I hope there's another announcement coming...

Would love to see Damien Dempsey there...but I reckon he'd only be there with Sharon Shannon.... Would love The Strokes or RoySeven as well....

Anyone know if we can expect another announcement soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Poor line up IMO. Interesting to see who gets added to the next release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Any chance of Morrissey being announced when his Vicar Street gig sells out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Added to my wishlist, Biffy Clyro and Elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Poor line up IMO. Interesting to see who gets added to the next release.
    Scien wrote: »
    Have to agree. I've never made it to Stradbally and this year, the one time I could actually afford it, the lineup is way under par. Had a look back at its lineup history there and it looks like the poorest in years.

It's funny, how different people's tastes are. There were loads of people raving about the first announcement, saying that it was the best in years. I think it's ok so far but I am definitely hoping for some good additions over the coming months. There's about 6 or 7 I'm looking forward to but last year there was about 20. A good few of them were added in July/August though, so I'm optimistic. I have to be, I got an earlybird ticket :pac:
    Scien wrote: »
    The next few announcements would want to include some heavy hitters or I think they'll be left with a sizable chunk of tickets.
    3 months to go yet though so I would presume more headliners are to come.

I think Arcade Fire, Chemical Brothers, Pulp & Interpol are our lot, headliner wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Not to be a complete hipster wannabe, but I suspect the line up is a little ahead of the trends. It's a pretty great lineup, it's just that the names aren't huge. Folks like Twin Shadow aren't big yet, but I suspect they will be shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Gil Scott-Heron died yesterday aged 62. Very sad news about a very talented man.

RIP:(

http://www.nme.com/news/gil-scott-heron/56948#

Advertisement