Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Very happy with Clap Your Hands say Yeah being added, missed them when they played Oxegen.

Meh to the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm delighted with many of the new additions. Some I'd watch a song or two from and others I'm eager to hear their new material (Rapture). There's gonna be a lot of clashing this year and a lot of heartbreak at who I'll have to skip.

The myhabs were a bit overpriced, I've booked the preset up tent for Tangerine Fields, that's very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

nm wrote: »
    Glastonbury are covering anyone that booked a MyHab's losses by sorting out accommodation for them at their own expense.

POD and Aikens say "claims for refunds or compensation should be made directly to MyHab Ltd"

No surprises there.

Id say this is more a case of glastonbury beginning today and it woulda been a nightmare for anyone who booked to try sort this out themselves, where as anyone who already booked for ep has 2 months, also the quote on electic picnic site states
    "Electric Picnic will do everything we can to help people recover the money they have spent."
    They aint as useless as we think the site shows all information on how to recover the money spent which is something id say alot of people would be happy with given the time frame they have to look for alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

John Grant is good, worth checking out.
    He has some very good songs- dry humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Sorry to hear MyHab are in trouble. They were a bit pricey, but they were comfortable and cleverly designed. Nice guys with a clever idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Someway feel the organisers are playing it safe muscially with bands, would love some more experimental acts such as Soap&Skin, Nitrada, Apparat and Amon Tobin. But it seems the dance acts need to be filled up a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

When will the line up for each day be announced? If can't make the whole weekend then the Sunday would be of interest, depending on what bands are playing.

I remember a good few years ago I slept in the car (was there for one night) and pressed the alarm on my fob to lock the doors. Obviously this set off the alarm and security came along (very quickly) and there was me inside drunk, starlted and trying to find my keys....).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

these new additions not good for me.
    I wish for the following:
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela,
    PUYA
    Ankla
    Yeva
    Vialterna
    Brujeria
    Molotov
    Mana
    Ozomatli
    Los Fabulosos Cadillacs
    Soda Stereo
    Voodoo Glow Skulls

However I fear disappointment await me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ok I cant connect to the EP forum, maybe too much traffic or a site overhaul, anyone else finding it hard to connect to?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Ok I cant connect to the EP forum, maybe too much traffic or a site overhaul, anyone else finding it hard to connect to?

I was trying to go on it today and just now
    cant get in either,no idea what's going on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Emelio wrote: »
    these new additions not good for me.
    I wish for the following:
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela,

However I fear disappointment await me.

Playing Marley Park so doubt they'll come back for this.

They are fúcking amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

maximoose wrote: »
    Very happy with Clap Your Hands say Yeah being added, missed them when they played Oxegen.

With the addition of CYHSY and The Rapture I'm now most defo going to this. Amazing bands, and both have new albums due out in september :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Here's hoping for Matthew Dear, Gold Panda and Modeselektor in the next announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Has anyone received their tickets yet? I bought mine back in April or May but still haven't received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I sent Lamb an email asking if they had any plans to play EP this year, no plans for it so far :(

And I still want Roots Manuva & Marina and the Diamonds to be announced :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Apologies if asked already - can you get a day ticket for EP?
    I'd love to get one for Chemical Brothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

baz2009 wrote: »
    Apologies if asked already - can you get a day ticket for EP?
    I'd love to get one for Chemical Brothers.

You can for the Sunday I think, but the Chemical Brothers are playing the Saturday night midnight slot AFAIK.

Cheers IAWU. Might get a full weekend ticket if there's a few going so!

I don't think that it's sold out, so you could be in luck.

Still a few on TM I think anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Surely to god primal scream will be playing at the picnic???

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Surely to god primal scream will be playing at the picnic???

Doesn't look like it, ridiculous i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Last year's EP had a stronger line-up, and it didn't sell out. I'd be astonished if it sold out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    You can for the Sunday I think, but the Chemical Brothers are playing the Saturday night midnight slot AFAIK.

Can't access the EP website .. when does the day by day breakdown get officially released? Could be tempted by a Sunday day ticket if the line up's good. Also does anyone know if that gets you a camping spot overnight or would you be stopped from bringing a tent/ big rucksack in. I know quite a few people seem to head home on Sunday evenings now so assume there'd be a bit of space to put up a tent. Cheers

Can't access the EP website .. when does the day by day breakdown get officially released? Could be tempted by a Sunday day ticket if the line up's good. Also does anyone know if that gets you a camping spot overnight or would you be stopped from bringing a tent/ big rucksack in. I know quite a few people seem to head home on Sunday evenings now so assume there'd be a bit of space to put up a tent. Cheers

They day by day breakdown will be released closer to the time, however traditionally the big dance act of the festival, that being the Chemial Brothers, plays the midnight slot on the Saturday night after the headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

No camping with day tickets. On this page if you can access the site now.
    http://electricpicnic.ie/tickets

The only act officially announced for Sunday is Pulp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

pulp on sunday?

AF prob on saturday i suppose?

need a few more acts added to the list i'm afraid.
    neil diamond was mentioned but i presume thats just a sneer?
    would be good for 5/6 songs deffo tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

interpol headling friday
    chems saturday
    pulp sunday
    ...according to the EP PR company.

AF will probably be before Chems on the main stage on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Does anyone know what the line up was like this time last year? I want to try compare like with like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

AdMMM wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the line up was like this time last year? I want to try compare like with like

In the time it took you to make that post, you could've searched for "electric picnic 2010 line up". Similarly, in the time it took me to make this post, I could've answered your question.

Advertisement