Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Fidelis wrote: »
    In the time it took you to make that post, you could've searched for "electric picnic 2010 line up". Similarly, in the time it took me to make this post, I could've answered your question.

He was asking what the announced line up was at like at this time last year, not what the line up was like overall though. There's a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The 2010 wiki page has most of the info.
    On the Facebook page they still have last years posters. You should be able to tell from the dates they were put up who was added when.
    I was only looking at it myself a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 boreduser

Will Chemical Bros be on the main stage? If so is this out door?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Oops! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

boreduser wrote: »
    Will Chemical Bros be on the main stage? If so is this out door?

The main stage is outdoors alright. I'd imagine the Chemical Brothers are too big not to be playing there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

baz2009 wrote: »
    Cheers IAWU. Might get a full weekend ticket if there's a few going so!

i'd be shocked if it sold out this year, it's a pretty poor lineup, though i'll probably still go.

anyone think there could be still some small acts added to the bill to flesh it out? i'm thinking one album bands like sleigh bells and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

AF are playing Saturday according to their official site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

i'd be shocked if it sold out this year, it's a pretty poor lineup, though i'll probably still go.

anyone think there could be still some small acts added to the bill to flesh it out? i'm thinking one album bands like sleigh bells and the like.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get an announcement either the week before, or the week after Oxegen. I reckon maybe one or two more medium sized bands, and a few more smaller bands. The Vaccines announced ages ago that they'd be playing, but no official confirmation yet... :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Every year people say EP is a poor line-up, you could set your watch by it.

It's not Oxegen, it shouldn't be expected to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

nm wrote: »

i know it's not oxegen, i don't want it to be. do you not think this year it's a bit bare compared to other years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tom Fiat

Neil Diamond - is this for real?
    Didn't he just play in Ireland?

not sure EP would be an appropriate setting for him, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

i know it's not oxegen, i don't want it to be. do you not think this year it's a bit bare compared to other years?

Theres more bands at this years Picnic that I'd like to see than there was for any other year. Personal taste though I guess.

nm wrote: »

I agree that it shouldn't be expected to be Oxegen, but I don't think anyone's saying that anyways. I like this year's line up. I still think it's weaker than last years, but that's just me. You'll never please everyone unfortunately. Opinions, entitled, and all that.

EP 2010 had: Caribou, Jonsi, Gil Scott-Heron, Hot Chip, LCD Soundsystem, Mumford & Sons, Seasick Steve, Roxy Music, Massive Attack, The Frames, The National, Friendly Fires, Janelle Monae, Two Door Cinema Club, Foals, and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, to name but a few.

Let's hope that there are a few more big name acts added in the coming months.

Looking forward to: Death In Vegas, Arcade Fire, Beirut, Santogold, Public Enemy, Mogwai, and HEALTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I wonder if Bjork will be added? She's just announced that she's playing Bestival the weekend after.
    Anna Calvi could be another to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Tom Fiat wrote: »

where did ya get this info?

Does anyone know if there'll be a Mindfields area this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

hey guys, i know this must have been answered already but what day are the chemical brothers playing? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

foolelle wrote: »
    where did ya get this info?

He was talking a load of crap and was a troll account and is now no longer with us.

Alas Neilly D, won't be at EP.

hey guys, i know this must have been answered already but what day are the chemical brothers playing? :confused:

Consensus appears to be that they'll play Saturday night. But AFAIK there's been no official announcements yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Tom Fiat wrote: »

waddaya talkin about ya mad yoke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

what about Rolf Harris ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone had there early bird tickets sent out to them yet ? still havent got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Still early days for receiving the early bird ticket. Not got mine either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Early birds wont be sent out for quite a while yet.
    Best to check the ticket status on ticketmaster. They'll tell you whether they've been sent or not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

bjork???? maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd be surprised if she was announced now, but it's not beyond possibility.
    i'd imagine they'll announce a few more of the lesser profile acts that are playing bestival though.

i see The Pains of Being Pure at Heart said at their gig last month that they're playing EP:
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/going-out/review-the-pains-of-being-pure-at-heart-2665119.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The late July announcement last year included some pretty big acts so I'm fairly confident the eventual line up will deliver.

Anyone else think that this years website is the worst in a long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Bjork seems like a long shot but not impossible.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Skrillex, Nero and Austra. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i hope and pray that Skrillex and Nero don't get added. the lineup is doing pretty well on avoiding scumbag-magnet acts, those 2 are barely a step above deadmau5 and tiesto.

• Advertisement

i hope and pray that Skrillex and Nero don't get added. the lineup is doing pretty well on avoiding scumbag-magnet acts, those 2 are barely a step above deadmau5 and tiesto.

Ah don't be knocking deadmau5. :(

Any chance of Damien Dempsey this year? Maybe even as part of Sharon Shannon's gig?
    Still waiting for The Vaccines as well.... i'm starting to get a bit nervy....

Advertisement