Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

hey guys, i know this must have been answered already but what day are the chemical brothers playing? :confused:

Saturday it is. Public Enemy on the Saturday too. Just check the bands/performers website and they have there gig dates listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

i hope and pray that Skrillex and Nero don't get added. the lineup is doing pretty well on avoiding scumbag-magnet acts, those 2 are barely a step above deadmau5 and tiesto.
    If any act is going to draw the scummers in, it'll be Chemical Brothers.

Skrillex is in the US that weekend so its fairly unlikely he'll be there anyway. C'mon Nero :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Anyone else like to see Morrissey added?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    If any act is going to draw the scummers in, it'll be Chemical Brothers.

Don't forget Dave Clarke. Regrettably techno in Ireland always attracts the scobes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

ticketmaster haven't reduced the price of tickets following the VAT reduction.....quelle fecking surprise :(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ticketmaster haven't reduced the price of tickets following the VAT reduction.....quelle fecking surprise :(:mad:

I don't think it applies here unfortunately.

"The VAT reduction will apply to activities such as restaurant and catering services, hotel and holiday accommodation, entertainment services like cinemas and sporting facilities.

It will also apply to hairdressing and printed matter including newspapers and magazines, but not books."

[Taken From: http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/Irish_Economy/article_1022265_printer.shtml ]

I'm open to correction on this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Does anyone think Death From Above 1979 will be added? I was hoping Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros would be (and they were in the last announcement!) so if DFA1979 get added I'll be getting myself a ticket :D

dee. wrote: »
    Does anyone think Death From Above 1979 will be added? I was hoping Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros would be (and they were in the last announcement!) so if DFA1979 get added I'll be getting myself a ticket :D
    Another band I'd like to see

They've got a gap in their touring from Reading on the 28th til September 18th so it's very possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I don't think it applies here unfortunately.

"The VAT reduction will apply to activities such as restaurant and catering services, hotel and holiday accommodation, entertainment services like cinemas and sporting facilities.

It will also apply to hairdressing and printed matter including newspapers and magazines, but not books."

[Taken From: http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/Irish_Economy/article_1022265_printer.shtml ]

I'm open to correction on this though.

From Revenue -
    Supplies of goods and services at the new 9% rate:
    • the supply of food and drink (excluding alcohol and soft drinks) in the course of catering or by means of a vending machine (See footnote 1)
    • hot take-away food and hot drinks
    • hotel lettings, including guesthouses, caravan parks, camping sites etc
    • admissions to cinemas, theatres, certain musical performances, museums, art gallery exhibitions
    • amusement services of the kind normally supplied in fairgrounds or amusement park services
    • the provision of facilities for taking part in sporting activities by a person other than a non-profit making organisation
    • printed matter e.g. newspapers, brochures, leaflets, programmes, maps, catalogues, printed music (excluding books)
    • hairdressing services (Note: beauty treatments:- for example, facials, massages, nail treatments, tanning or sunbed services etc., remain liable at the 13.5% rate).
    Suppose it depends on the definition of "certain musical performances".

From Revenue -
    Supplies of goods and services at the new 9% rate:
    • the supply of food and drink (excluding alcohol and soft drinks) in the course of catering or by means of a vending machine (See footnote 1)
    • hot take-away food and hot drinks
    • hotel lettings, including guesthouses, caravan parks, camping sites etc
    • admissions to cinemas, theatres, certain musical performances, museums, art gallery exhibitions
    • amusement services of the kind normally supplied in fairgrounds or amusement park services
    • the provision of facilities for taking part in sporting activities by a person other than a non-profit making organisation
    • printed matter e.g. newspapers, brochures, leaflets, programmes, maps, catalogues, printed music (excluding books)
    • hairdressing services (Note: beauty treatments:- for example, facials, massages, nail treatments, tanning or sunbed services etc., remain liable at the 13.5% rate).
    Suppose it depends on the definition of "certain musical performances".

I'm sure there's a legal loophole somewhere they're exploiting. Maybe because the tickets went on sale before the VAT reduction, or else EP isn't a "Musical performance"....even though you'd think it fits into the categories of theatre and campsites as well....oh well. :(

Also, I think it would work out at about a saving of 10Eur... so not exactly a big saving really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Enough for a boar burger. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Has anyone received their tickets yet? I bought mine back in April or May but still haven't received it.

I still haven't got mine yet anyway. Anyone know when they're usually sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Another band I'd like to see

They've got a gap in their touring from Reading on the 28th til September 18th so it's very possible.

Fingers crossed! I have tweeted EP a few times mentioning them and they replied to me once so I'm hoping they take the hint aha :) They were amazing at Coachella, would buy a weekend EP ticket just to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Thanks to this stupid thread, I now want a boar burger more than anything else on earth. Is there anywhere in the real world that sells them, or do they only exist in fields in Stradbally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a legal loophole somewhere they're exploiting.

I'm pretty sure the legal loophole is anybody can charge what they like for goods or services. Supply and demand and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is there still any competitions out there to win camping tickets to EP, just come across a few that is closed now which is odd for a festival in September.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is there still any competitions out there to win camping tickets to EP, just come across a few that is closed now which is odd for a festival in September.
    Usually depends on how well the tickets are selling. Last year they flooded the media with free tickets to run competitions with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Might do a campervan type thing. Anybody done it before? Is it better or worse than camping?
    I'm all questions here but do you get the same ticket to go in a camper or do you need one different to the regular weekend pass?

Shryke wrote: »
    Might do a campervan type thing. Anybody done it before? Is it better or worse than camping?
    I'm all questions here but do you get the same ticket to go in a camper or do you need one different to the regular weekend pass?

Well according to the EP site, you'll need a campervan ticket and a weekend camping pass.
    EP Website wrote:
    Note: Campervans must be purpose built or adapted live-in vehicles. All occupants must hold a Weekend Camping Ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yea you need a seperate ticket. €66 or thereabouts (per campervan). It's worth it for the safety and comfort. The walk is a pain in the boll!x tho. 25-30 mins to the main arena site last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 LimboPanto

Travelling down from Donegal to Kildare on the Thursday, anyone have any ideas on how to get from Kildare town to Stradbally good'n'early on Friday? My head is wrecked with the Bus Eireann website =/

Maybe just head back into Dublin and get a bus from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I see they have released Sunday only tickets, surely these won't sell until they release the day-by-day schedule which won't be any time soon will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I see they have released Sunday only tickets, surely these won't sell until they release the day-by-day schedule which won't be any time soon will it?

I can see a lot of them being sold on the day if the weather is fine (like oxegen this year).

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

LimboPanto wrote: »
    Travelling down from Donegal to Kildare on the Thursday, anyone have any ideas on how to get from Kildare town to Stradbally good'n'early on Friday? My head is wrecked with the Bus Eireann website =/

Dublincoach €5 from Kildare town to portlaoise goes at quarter to every hour they are green busses very reliable goes from outside boyles off licence! And they are 24hours so you can get a very early one if suits

Shuttle bus from the bus stop ya get off at in portlaoise to ep not sure if there is a charge yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

What are the chances of Laura Marling being announced seeing as her new album is out just after Electric Picnic? The sound at her gig in the Crawdaddy tent was awful last year, could not hear her at all, just people talking amongst themselves. Seen her at Vicar Street a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing, really want her confirmed for Electric Picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

mutley18 wrote: »
    What are the chances of Laura Marling being announced seeing as her new album is out just after Electric Picnic? The sound at her gig in the Crawdaddy tent was awful last year, could not hear her at all, just people talking amongst themselves. Seen her at Vicar Street a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing, really want her confirmed for Electric Picnic!
    She's already played in Ireland only a few weeks a go and she played EP last year so I don't think she'll be announced. Much better chance of the likes of Noah and the Whale imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LimboPanto

Dublincoach €5 from Kildare town to portlaoise goes at quarter to every hour they are green busses very reliable goes from outside boyles off licence! And they are 24hours so you can get a very early one if suits

Shuttle bus from the bus stop ya get off at in portlaoise to ep not sure if there is a charge yet

Ah you're a lifesaver, will investigate further. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

AdMMM wrote: »
    Much better chance of the likes of Noah and the Whale imo.

Doubt they'll play since they've their own gigs in Dublin and Belfast in October.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for Amanda Brunker eh lads? :P

Advertisement