Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

any more announcements soon!?

Chances of The Vaccines? I know they played Oxegen but they've a gig in Galway on the 6th of Sept and on their FB
    "t in the park and oxygen made me very excited for the uk tour. scottish and irish dates announced VERY soon x"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

SRFC90 wrote: »
    any more announcements soon!?

Chances of The Vaccines? I know they played Oxegen but they've a gig in Galway on the 6th of Sept and on their FB

AFAIK they had an announcement on their site a few months back when they announced oxegen saying they were doing EP as well but they took it down soon after. Fingers crossed they're still on the bill though, they've my favourite album of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Siobhers

Austra has on her website that she's playing on the 4th!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

And so i watch you from afar playing the Sunday according to their Facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/andsoiwatchyoufromafar?sk=events

Nothing on their myspace yet though
    http://www.myspace.com/andsoiwatchyoufromafar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well according to the EP site, you'll need a campervan ticket and a weekend camping pass.

There is not a campervan in the country to be rented, unless you know someone that has one. In that case this post was pointless.. We went for tangerine fields in the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

And so i watch you from afar playing the Sunday according to their Facebook page
    Awesome! They were epic last year, even with an early afternoon slot. Hopefully they get an evening slot this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Some more Richter bands would be welcome. :) BATS or Not Squares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The End of the Road festival takes place the same weekend as Electric Picnic and it is a very similar line-up, two that stand out for me that havent been announced for Electric Picnic are Wild Beasts and Laura Marling, i reckon we are due one more announcement of acts, cmon Electric Picnic, dont let me down....please! :)

Also would love Bon Iver to be announced, but he is doing a gig in the Grand Canal theatre in Dublin on October 20th so doubt it. Fleet Foxes start a US tour on the 6th of September, sure they may squeeze in Electric Picnic before that!
    Noah and the Whale look a real possibility looking at their tour dates, as do Bombay Bicycle Club, as do The Vaccines, as do Two Door Cinema Club, as do Funeral Party etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

mutley18 wrote: »
    The End of the Road festival takes place the same weekend as Electric Picnic and it is a very similar line-up, two that stand out for me that havent been announced for Electric Picnic are Wild Beasts and Laura Marling, i reckon we are due one more announcement of acts, cmon Electric Picnic, dont let me down....please! :)

Also would love Bon Iver to be announced, but he is doing a gig in the Grand Canal theatre in Dublin on October 20th so doubt it. Fleet Foxes start a US tour on the 6th of September, sure they may squeeze in Electric Picnic before that!
    Noah and the Whale look a real possibility looking at their tour dates, as do Bombay Bicycle Club, as do The Vaccines, as do Two Door Cinema Club, as do Funeral Party etc etc etc.

vaccines are definitely doing EP was on Pitchfork, they're playing the 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

mutley18 wrote: »
    i reckon we are due one more announcement of acts, cmon Electric Picnic, dont let me down....please! :)

Somebody over in the EP forum asked about this via the EP or Pod Twitter and supposedly there's going to be an two more announcements. One in July, one in August. Only 60 something out of 120 acts have been announced.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Austra playing the 4th. Nice.

According to twitter we're getting another announcement in two weeks. And we could be in for a big one.
    EP Twitter wrote:
    Every year over 120 bands play, only 63 announced so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'd say Okkerville River (they're in Europe at the time) and Bjork will be 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Somebody over in the EP forum asked about this via the EP or Pod Twitter and supposedly there's going to be an two more announcements. One in July, one in August. Only 60 something out of 120 acts have been announced.:)

Nice one! Didnt realise there was so many to be announced! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Postrishead on tour this year - have to play at the picnic
    primal scream - have to play the picnic

it's beyond a joke if they don't get both these bands..

getting fairly pissed off with the picnic nothing getting bands that they should be getting

Still going regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Still going regardless

That's the problem, wouldn't you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

That's the problem, wouldn't you say?

not if there's enough there already to justify the ticket price for someone.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

not if there's enough there already to justify the ticket price for someone.
    :confused:

True, but that's not how the post read to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Just wondering has anyone that actually booked their ticket through the early bird system with ticketmaster, received their ticket yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Just wondering has anyone that actually booked their ticket through the early bird system with ticketmaster, received their ticket yet?

not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I am really hoping for James!!! If they are confirmed I'm as good as there,
    They are doing a festival tour throughout September, Fingers crossed!!!!

Anybody have any idea when we can expect another announcement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Postrishead on tour this year - have to play at the picnic
    primal scream - have to play the picnic

it's beyond a joke if they don't get both these bands..

getting fairly pissed off with the picnic nothing getting bands that they should be getting

Still going regardless
    Would Primal Scream headline EP and oxegen?seems unlikely but i really hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I am really hoping for James!!! If they are confirmed I'm as good as there,
    They are doing a festival tour throughout September, Fingers crossed!!!!

Anybody have any idea when we can expect another announcement?
    Next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm also really hoping for Primal Scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Hi there.

I haven't booked my tickets yet for Electric Picnic should I do so now or wait of for a bit. I just want to see the final lineup before I commit. It's quite a bit more expensive than Oxegen when you take into consideration transport and stuff.

I would really like to see Fleet Floxes, Two Door Cinema Club, Wombats and Primal Scream confirmed. Maybe even Editors and Mumford And Sons.

Would also like to see the comedy lineup confirmed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Hi there.

I haven't booked my tickets yet for Electric Picnic should I do so now or wait of for a bit. I just want to see the final lineup before I commit. It's quite a bit more expensive than Oxegen when you take into consideration transport and stuff.

I would really like to see Fleet Floxes, Two Door Cinema Club, Wombats and Primal Scream confirmed. Maybe even Editors and Mumford And Sons.

You'll be fine. Hasn't sold out the last two years. This year won't be any different. Tickets available on the day.
    O'Doodle wrote: »
    Would also like to see the comedy lineup confirmed too.

The Rubberbandits are confirmed for the Electric Arena on Saturday. Good chance they'll do a comedy slot too. It's different, but it is comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

wonder of there's any chance of Suede turning up at all...

after waiting years to see them, (I saw them in the olympia recently and they were feckin deadly), twice in 6 months would almost be overkill......but then again, it wouldn't....at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Next weeks announcement will decide it for me.. Nothing of real interest in the current line up to justify the ticket.. So if next announcement doesn't go my way ill be off to the sun..

Shame..was looking forward to my 4th appearance!!

Needs to be another big/headlining act at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DillonX

I AM SPAM AND I BE BANNED

Advertisement