Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PhosphoricAcid

Who's headlining Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Who's headlining Sunday?

Pulp

Interpol on Friday,
    Chemical Bros (Arcade Fire before them) on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Underworld! Have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Comedy line up, from the EP Bookface
    David O’ Doherty; Abandoman; Ardal O’Hanlon; Omid Djalili; Barry Murphy; Roisin Conaty; Dermot Whelan; Edwin Sammon; Andrew Stanley; Damian Clark; Dead Cat Bounce; The Nualas; Anyone For Tennis?; Foil Arms And Hog; John Moloney; Joe Rooney; Karl Spain; Paddy Courtney; Gearoid Farrelly; Mark Hynes

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Woke up this morning to find my ticket at the door-Finally!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Woke up this morning to find my ticket at the door-Finally!

Received my family ticket today too, yippee

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

David O’ Doherty; Ardal O’Hanlon; Omid Djalili; Joe Rooney; Karl Spain ?

Bravo EP! Bravo!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

Got my tickets this morning too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Roar wrote: »

There's some great people in that line-up.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

I didn't get my campervan tickets though. I wonder if they are sent seperately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

David O’ Doherty; Ardal O’Hanlon; Omid Djalili; Andrew Stanley; Damian Clark; Dead Cat Bounce; Foil Arms And Hog
    :D:D very pleased with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

According to the comments section under the announcement, the following will be there as well:

Eric Lalor, Johnny Candon, Danny Dowling, Bernard O Shea, John Colleary, Fred Cooke, John Lynn, Colm o Regan, Kevin Gildea & Dave Callan.

The comments are from Gerry Mallon, who is a comedy promoter or some such thing. He might be in charge of booking the comedy acts for EP. I'd say it's a legit enough source anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

So pretty much the exact same comedy line-up as every other year? Good work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

So pretty much the exact same comedy line-up as every other year? Good work...

If the line up on the previous page is right then there's a fair lot of new faces at the EP. And they're good too!

Here's the full comedy line-up, with a little bit about them, & what days they are playing:
    Abandomam, Anyone For Tennis, Ardal O Hanlon, Barry Murphy, Bernard O Shea, Colm O Regan, Danny Dowling, David O Doherty, Dead Cat Bounce, Dermot Whelan, Edwin Sammon, Eric Lalor, Foil Arms and Hog, Fred Cooke, Gearoid Farrelly, Jarlath Regan, Joe Rooney, John Colleary, John Lynn, John Moloney, Johnny Candon, Karl Spain, Keith Farnan, Kevin Gildea, Mark Hynes, Omid Djalili, Paddy Courtney, Roisin Conaty & The Nualas

The Comedy Tent is one of the biggest draws of the weekend, a festival within a festival and this year we have left no stone unturned in our quest to bring you the biggest and freshest acts from the comedy circuit. It’s early afternoon, your head is fuzzy, you’re libacious of breath and libidinous of mind, then make your way to the comedy tent and allow yourself to bask in the warm glow of the best in laugh-out loud entertainment.

Headlining on Saturday 3rd is the 'King Of Mildly Cool' and winner of the 2008 if. comedy award at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, DAVID O’DOHERTY, whose wildly inventive songs and dry sarcasm are to die for. Before that, the fantastically funny, lightning fast, note perfect, mind blowing, Hip Hop Comedy Improv Troupe, ABANDOMAN are sure to wow the masses. The legend that is ARDAL O’ HANLON, better known as the gormless Fr. Dougal Mcguire from Fr. Ted makes an early afternoon appearance, alongside the 'Godfather of Irish Comedy', the peerless BARRY MURPHY. Currently one of the hottest tickets on the UK circuit ROISIN CONATY flies in for a blistering set and Republic of Telly presenter DERMOT WHELAN proves that he is more than just a zany anchorman. Be sure to look out for newcomer EDWIN SAMMON (a future star in the making), add in a whole host of the cream of the Irish comics and you are guaranteed an afternoon /evening of unbridled mirth.

Sunday September 4th sees joint MCs, the Duracell Bunnies that are ANDREW STANLEY and DAMIAN CLARK kick things off in their own inimitable style and the heavenly banter continues right throughout the day, culminating with multi award winning comic and Hollywood superstar, OMID DJALILI. With major roles in hit movies such as Gladiator, The Mummy, and Notting Hill, it is however as a stand-up that Omid's star truly shines. What’s not to love about DEAD CAT BOUNCE? Superstars in Melbourne, Edinburgh and Montreal, this will be a triumphant homecoming for these comedy rock gods. Those of a gentler persuasion can enjoy the soothing sounds of the recently reformed all girl!!!!! combo, THE NUALAS (older, wiser, heftier). Two of the hottest sketch acts in the business are set to tear up the stage when Australia’s ANYONE FOR TENNIS? and our own FOIL ARMS AND HOG take to the stage for some early afternoon shenanigans .Be sure to catch the worldly wisdom and acerbic wit of the self styled crown prince of 'bitter', the wonderful JOHN MOLONEY. Add into this heady mix circuit stalwarts JOE ROONEY, KARL SPAIN, PADDY COURTNEY, GEAROID FARRELLY along with many many others and the winner of the 'Show Me The Funny' competition, the wickedly subversive MARK HYNES and we’re sure you will agree that the rolling lawns of Stradbally estate are set to echo to the sounds of a billion belly laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Are EP still doing the pre-ordered drink, for collection at the campsite?

I remember doing this a couple of years ago but can't find anything on the site about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Day breakdown is on the back of this months issue of Hot Press (not stages, just who is playing what day)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

anyone have their final instalment taken out yet? I haven't so far, the second instalment was taken out very promptly, still no sign of the final payment being taken yet though.

edit
    photo1o.png

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Not long off now - 5 weeks today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

anyone have their final instalment taken out yet? I haven't so far, the second instalment was taken out very promptly, still no sign of the final payment being taken yet though.

I was gonna ask this myself. The email said it would be taken on the 28th but nothing came out....actually just checked my bank acc again and it looks like my card has been charged this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

edit
    photo1o.png
    Am i blind or are killing joke missing?
    is donal dineen the hipsters Amanda Brunker?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

ahhh I see Mundy is playing twice on Saturday :D

Popsy wrote: »
    ahhh I see Mundy is playing twice on Saturday :D

I heard Bob Geldof wouldn't play the same day as him because he doesn't like Mundys. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Only going on the Sunday but I'm very happy with that line up.

That's without knowing the clashes off course.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭antifyre

edit
    photo1o.png

Thank you, Kind Sir - Would it be ok to borrow such a photo to educate some friends on Facebook??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PB27

great line up cant wait.

Dose the full weekend ticket include parking or will i have to buy a car park ticket like Oxegen?

Are the vaccines defo playing?

PB27 wrote: »
    great line up cant wait.

Dose the full weekend ticket include parking or will i have to buy a car park ticket like Oxegen?

Free parking
    Are the vaccines defo playing?

It was on their own site before but has been removed since.
    They were never announced officially by EP, so not sure what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

They are playing Roisin Dubh in Galway on tuesday Sept 6th so there must be a good chance they will play the picnic on the Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

antifyre wrote: »
    Thank you, Kind Sir - Would it be ok to borrow such a photo to educate some friends on Facebook??

Friday is the weakest day for me bar DJ Shadow there is feck all else. Saturday and Sunday are jammed packed. They are really trying to push Sunday tickets.

Advertisement