Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Add Santigold on the Friday also, Anyone have any Interpol recommendations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Interpol recommendations ?
    Start from the start and make you way forward... Check "Turn On The Bright Lights"
    Also check out this mental band who play the Saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PQDF39sr8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Ouravit wrote: »
    Interpol recommendations ?
    Start from the start and make you way forward... Check "Turn On The Bright Lights"
    Also check out this mental band who play the Saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PQDF39sr8

Class video reminds me off Chris Cunningham. Defo right up my street thanks. Don't really like Interpol not my kind of thing. Will be checking out more of the Health stuff out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

antifyre wrote: »
    Thank you, Kind Sir - Would it be ok to borrow such a photo to educate some friends on Facebook??

work away!

Checked Vaccines website and they are playing in Italy on the 3rd!:(
    They don't mention a roisin gig either though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

B-b-but....they s-said.... :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

Is it possible yet to find out the full lineup for sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

adm wrote: »
    Is it possible yet to find out the full lineup for sunday?

It's in this thread. Post #532

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Roar wrote: »
    anyone have their final instalment taken out yet? I haven't so far, the second instalment was taken out very promptly, still no sign of the final payment being taken yet though.

edit
    photo1o.png

can you still do the installments??

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

I'm paying for my tickets through installments. They haven't taken the 3rd installment out of my account. There is sufficient funds and they said it would come out of my account on the 29th. It's now the 31st. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think it will come out Monday or Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

Kormac's Big Band have EP listed as one of their events on their website:D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Has anyone herd anything about an EP App like they had for poxegen ?
    Very handy for people with smart phones and the likes.......

This band is gonna rock the gaff on the Sunday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OJHcbsm_rE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Ouravit wrote: »
    Has anyone herd anything about an EP App like they had for poxegen ?
    A boards.ie user by the name of M450 created an excellent J2ME app for last year's EP and it was extremely useful. It would be great if there was something similar for this year.

hunkydory1 wrote: »
    Kormac's Big Band have EP listed as one of their events on their website:D

fanfeckingtastic, I've seen Kormac DJ a few times and I love his album, never seen the big band though so that will be a must see for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just wondering has anyone got their campervan ticket yet? I bought one the day they came out but decided it's too expensive to rent a van, so I want to sell it, but obviously I need the ticket before I can sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭antifyre

Roar wrote: »
    fanfeckingtastic, I've seen Kormac DJ a few times and I love his album, never seen the big band though so that will be a must see for me

As far as I know,(and from His website) the EP set is DJ/AV only, no Big Band......
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

The roisin dubh concert is listed on www.roisindubh.net and is on sale, its listed a reschuled date, its all messy though as its not listed on official band site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I assume The Chemical Brothers are closing the main stage on Saturday after Arcade Fire? I can't imagine them playing while it's bright out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Jello wrote: »
    I assume The Chemical Brothers are closing the main stage on Saturday after Arcade Fire? I can't imagine them playing while it's bright out..
    Yeah a dance act always closes on the Saturday night, usually playing from 00.30-02.00, nice and dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Are we due many more announcements? They could get rid of a stage like Oxegen did, which would be around 30 less acts than last year, so maybe not a lot more to be announced?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ju_q

anyone know what the best way to get from the Heritage Hotel in Portlaois to EP is? I know it's not real festival accommodation, but coldn't face the camping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

mutley18 wrote: »
    Are we due many more announcements? They could get rid of a stage like Oxegen did, which would be around 30 less acts than last year, so maybe not a lot more to be announced?

They told us to expect around 120. Still a way to go!

I wonder will Wu Lyf play.

antifyre wrote: »
    As far as I know,(and from His website) the EP set is DJ/AV only, no Big Band......
    :(

ah nuts... still worth going to though!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Naykid

ju_q wrote: »
    anyone know what the best way to get from the Heritage Hotel in Portlaois to EP is? I know it's not real festival accommodation, but coldn't face the camping!!

Theres only one road really. Head out the stradbally road out of Portlaoise (keep right of the big red brick church at the bottom of the town, where the twin roundabouts are), Expect a fair bit of traffic though as most of the M7 traffic comes onto that road just outside Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Armitage Shanks

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

The hunt for tickets begins in earnest now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

From EP Twitter:
    More acts to be added this week & another announcement next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    From EP Twitter:
    More acts to be added this week & another announcement next week.

Nice one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

New additions to the Electric Picnic's Little Big Tent : Jacques Lu Cont, Tensnake, Crazy P, ZINC, The 2 Bears, Star Slinger, Andrew Weatherall, Rainbow Arabia, ONRA, Kormac AV Set, **** ROBOT, Factory Floor, David De Valera, LRB & Matador, Laser Tom and The Blast Crew, Gretta Gunn, Toby Kaar & TRIANWRECK DJS.

http://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/posts/10150281453714168

Advertisement