Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Seen this on the EP forum.
    We are delighted to announce the line-up for The BACARDI Get Together arena for EP this year featuring ….MYLO, DISCO BLOODBATH, RETRO/GRADE, ALEX METRIC, HORSE MEAT DISCO, RUSS CHIMES, MIGHTY MOUSE, JAYMO AND ANDY GEORGE, GREG WILSON, THE GLIMMERS and GRUM and much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

New additions to the Electric Picnic's Little Big Tent : Jacques Lu Cont, Tensnake, Crazy P, ZINC, The 2 Bears, Star Slinger, Andrew Weatherall, Rainbow Arabia, ONRA, Kormac AV Set, **** ROBOT, Factory Floor, David De Valera, LRB & Matador, Laser Tom and The Blast Crew, Gretta Gunn, Toby Kaar & TRIANWRECK DJS.

http://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/posts/10150281453714168

Im definately getting old or else I am not as music savvy as I thought because the only act I recognise in that list is Andy Weatherall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Toby Karr is excellent. Had we not had a line up reselmbling a burst couch we'd have added him (assuming he'd want to play indiependence)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

are the tickets sold out for saturday? or could you even get them were they only giving to campers?

id love to see jimmy cliff and the rapture

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

lisar816 wrote: »
    are the tickets sold out for saturday? or could you even get them were they only giving to campers?

id love to see jimmy cliff and the rapture

There are no day tickets for the Friday and Saturday. Day tickets for the Sunday only.

Usually, day tickets does not include camping, so day tickets would not be only given to campers.

Jimmy Cliff and the rapture are both on the Friday, not Sat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

noel gallagher for EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

conno16 wrote: »
    noel gallagher for EP?

only if its the same day as death in Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So...has anyones last payment in the deposit scheme actually come out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Doinker wrote: »
    There are no day tickets for the Friday and Saturday. Day tickets for the Sunday only.

Usually, day tickets does not include camping, so day tickets would not be only given to campers.

Jimmy Cliff and the rapture are both on the Friday, not Sat.
    thanks for that was on the site but all the acts are there together doesn't say anything about witch days!

why do they not sell tickets for Fridays and Saturday??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

thanks for that was on the site but all the acts are there together doesn't say anything about witch days!

cuts down on scumbags coming and going and also means that there is more of a friendly vibe when you notice the same faces over the weekend.

The day by day thing was posted earlier and is in hotpress/facebook etc

• Advertisement

I think I read someone from POD saying that they wanted to keep the 'vibe/spirit' of the community festival by only having day tickets on the Sunday, and not having people coming and going each day of the weekend. I totally agree with this.

Logistically, it is way easier to have day tickets for the Sunday only, as they don't have to worry about wristbands for the Friday, Saturday & Sunday only tickets.
    They also don't have to worry about about people buying a ticket fro the Friday and hanging around all weekend trying to sneak in to the arena.
    There is also less disturbance for the people of Stradbally as there are less people coming and going through the village.
    The Garda probably prefer this, thus making the planning application a bit easier.

Also, a lot of people leave on the Sunday afternoon/night as they may have to be in work on the Monday. Sunday tickets holder will probably cancel out these people so the 'population' will probably stay the same and easier to control/maintain.

See post 553 for day by day breakdown. (or post 585!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Minutes play the Sunday

http://www.facebook.com/theminutes

Is camping likely to sell out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The Minutes play the Sunday

http://www.facebook.com/theminutes
    one of the countries best live acts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i know i'll get slated for this, but i've a feeling there could be even more scumbags and robberies this year. it's obvious EP are struggling and cutting back on security around the campsite and concentrating on the festival arena. loads of stradbally knackers walked into the campsite last year and robbed their stuff for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is camping likely to sell out this year?

I would highly doubt it. AFAIK it didn't sell out last year, and this year's line up isn't exactly spectacular. Couple that with the whole recession thang I'd say t'would be a miracle if they sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Looking forward to this now. Haven't been anticipating Electric Picnic like this in years.

I just hope Killing Joke haven't pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

i know i'll get slated for this, but i've a feeling there could be even more scumbags and robberies this year. it's obvious EP are struggling and cutting back on security around the campsite and concentrating on the festival arena. loads of stradbally knackers walked into the campsite last year and robbed their stuff for the weekend

Was just looking at this online......
    VIGILANTE
    A vigilante is a private individual who legally or illegally punishes an alleged lawbreaker, or participates in a group which metes out extralegal punishment to an alleged lawbreaker.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Regarding both security and camping sell out, I'd suggest it's hard to predict how the organisers might have retooled after this year's Oxegen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

Hi, anyone know if it possible to set up a small marquee at EP? 3x3, just for sitting in if it raining, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hi, anyone know if it possible to set up a small marquee at EP? 3x3, just for sitting in if it raining, thanks

I've seen loads of them over the years, you should have no problem setting up a small one.

How is it obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Hurry up and confirm Laura Marling already! Tick tock! I will be forever grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Last week they said more acts would be announced this week.

On the FB page, on one of the comments, they say running orders would be announced 15th/16th Aug.
    http://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic?sk=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohemgeez

I'm not sure if this is the right place but i guess people might know the answer here,

I'm just wondering which beer/liquor company has the bar rights for electric picnic??

At oxegen it is bacardi and heineken i think and red bull are involved too
    does electric picnic have any specific companys that are involved with the festival and you can only purchase that companys alchol from the bars inside the festival area??

if this is the wrong place to have posted this im sorry! and please move it to the appropriate place!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There is an EP thread but to quickly answer your question, last year it was Heineken. I wouldnt think anything has changed this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 123ucg

Well,

I am looking for a campervan for electric picnic. My mate has a campervan ticket but can't go, and the camper van he was using is not available to me.

I have done a bit of browsing online and some of the prices quoted have been insane to say the least. €300 per day.

Does anyone have a campervan they would be willing to rent to me for the weekend or know a company that does them at a decent rate.

I was hoping for something along the lines of €50/€70 per day or is that unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

In the same boat...don't need anything fancy, just something to Kip in for about 4 people. Crazy prices being quoted, think the best was about 700 from Friday morning to Monday.

Might end up in the tent yet just praying for good weather..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

You should ask in the motoring forum.

Advertisement