Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pyrogenxx

Does anybody know where to find an event layout map? I've looked everywhere but only found old ones. I'm looking for something like this, but this years:

http://tenacioustimothy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ep2009camping3.jpg

I presume they'd have finalized it by now, but still haven't posted it on their website.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pyrogenxx wrote: »
    Does anybody know where to find an event layout map? I've looked everywhere but only found old ones. I'm looking for something like this, but this years:

http://tenacioustimothy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ep2009camping3.jpg

I presume they'd have finalized it by now, but still haven't posted it on their website.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

it hasn't been released yet. check back the week of it.

it's unlikely to be much different from last years tbf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

ohemgeez wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the right place but i guess people might know the answer here,

I'm just wondering which beer/liquor company has the bar rights for electric picnic??

At oxegen it is bacardi and heineken i think and red bull are involved too
    does electric picnic have any specific companys that are involved with the festival and you can only purchase that companys alchol from the bars inside the festival area??

if this is the wrong place to have posted this im sorry! and please move it to the appropriate place!

Heineken are the brew and I hear the Bacardi tent will be there again this year. All of these brands would have exclusive pouring rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Vaccines, Jape, And So I Watch You From Afar, Cry Before Dawn, Oh Land, Gordon Gano & the Ryans, The Jezabels, Esben & the Witch, James Chance & les Contortions, The Minutes, Somadrone, Dakota 66, Bitches With Wolves, Shouting at Planes and Nightbox are all Stradbally bound this September. Ra Ra Ra!!

http://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic?sk=wall

Jape. Nice one!
    Have to say though, i would have loved ham sammich and cashier no.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bunkabus MIck

The bunkabus is still available for the weekend, you need to get a few friends together as it sleeps up to 18 people. It's Euope's largest mobile hostel, with kitchen, toilets and showers on board. www.bunkabus for more info. To hire for the weekend is €1,500, or €100 each. Hope this helps. Mick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Nice additions, i had a bet with a mate that vaccines would be added he was adament they wouldnt, i was at cashier no9 and givers on friday, id hoped both would of being added.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

BrianD wrote: »
    Heineken are the brew and I hear the Bacardi tent will be there again this year. All of these brands would have exclusive pouring rights.

And southern comfort in the Crawdaddy tent. The bars also sell wine. The year before last they were selling paulaner in the Body and Soul area. T'was the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Never heard of Oh Land before but just listened to a few songs & really like her. Right up my street.
    She's playing Sunday too, which is sweet because I think Sunday is a bit light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Esben and The Witch :D:D:D

not too fussed with that announcement. there are a few that i haven't heard that i'll check out, but the rest are mostly irish acts that play festivals all the time, and The Vaccines are muck.

hopefully the Body and Soul lineup throws out some suprises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

3 weeks from Friday.........happy days. :D

No sign of the off license yet, I'm guess that will be set up soon.

Missed last year as I found myself a wife, we're really looking forward to going back again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bown 1

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Not overly impressed by the past couple of announcements. Really hope we have one or two surprises still coming our way, someone like Modeselektor or Jamie XX would be great.

Also hope Mount Kimbie play after cancelling Body and Soul festival earlier this summer, saw them in London last weekend and it would be a great band to see headline the Body and Soul area on one of the nights.

Not overly impressed by the past couple of announcements. Really hope we have one or two surprises still coming our way, someone like Modeselektor or Jamie XX would be great.

Also hope Mount Kimbie play after cancelling Body and Soul festival earlier this summer, saw them in London last weekend and it would be a great band to see headline the Body and Soul area on one of the nights.

i see Mount Kimbie have a gap in their gigs for all of EP weekend, wouldn't surprise me at all if they're lined up for an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

That Bunkabus looks savage. I tell ya, if I win the lotto in the next couple of weeks, I'll be renting that from you! I know it seems like a lot of money, but with 15 friends sharing it would be cheap...... although, with 15 friends sharing it would probably get trashed:p

What is the story with it Mick? Do you drive it to where it's needed, and then collect it again when the festival is finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bunkabus MIck

For festivals, we generally pick up who ever is renting it and bring them to the festival and park up for the weekend. I generally stay with the bus, it keeps everyone's stuff and the bus that bit safer and I get to enjoy some of the festival too. It's pretty hard to trash the bus, its been designed to take a battering and after the weekend, all the covers come off everything and it's into the washer, but even that said, when it's your bed and you have to sleep in it later, most people take pretty good care of it. After the festival is over, we drop the wounded home, generally they sleep on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Happy enough with the lineup over all, would have liked to see a few more big names there, but todays announcement of The Vaccines and Bitches With Wolves has sealed it for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Jezebels are the highlight for me from that announcement, they're a real gem of an Australian band. I was convinced that ASIWYFA were already announced though...

One or two nice big names would be nice :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

AdMMM wrote: »
    One or two nice big names would be nice :)

I've given up hope for TV on the Radio and Portishead being announced. M. Ward was a big shout from me though a few months ago so happy with that. After his gigs in may were so good I also would have liked Sufjan Stevens to be added. I'm just optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

Does everyone have their tickets already?? I was planning on leaving my purchasing til the last minute and just getting it in a ticketmaster outlet..... hopefully there will be some left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

marxcoo wrote: »
    Does everyone have their tickets already?? I was planning on leaving my purchasing til the last minute and just getting it in a ticketmaster outlet..... hopefully there will be some left.

Nah i haven't got mine or my GFs yet either, give it another week of trying to win competitions on today fm and then see what happens!

Doubt it'll sell out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gudwan

How low did second hand ticket prices go last year? I'm hoping I can get one on the cheap via gumtree or some such website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I think im going to wait a couple of weeks to get my ticket honestly cant see it been sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Gudwan- I tried to get one on the cheap last year but ended up buying at the venue. Got offered 1 @ 220 but got a bad vibe off the seller so decided it wasn't worth the risk to save 20€. It was hard to get early birds, much harder than in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Anyone know where I might be able to secure a campervan?
    Can't get for love nor money, would nearly buy one at this stage

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gudwan

Gudwan- I tried to get one on the cheap last year but ended up buying at the venue. Got offered 1 @ 220 but got a bad vibe off the seller so decided it wasn't worth the risk to save 20€. It was hard to get early birds, much harder than in previous years.

Occasionaly, there's some going for 150-180. I would feel suspicious about ads like that which are right beside ones with people offering 220 per ticket though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

With just 3 weeks to go, i thought we could post a few youtube's of the acts you're looking forward to. We all know about the big hitters, so i'll start with a few (maybe) lesser known ones.

With 10 million views they're hardly unheard of, but not massive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Got my installment plan ticket this morning, Roll on 3 weeks wooot here are two acts im looking forward too

After there set in little big tent last year im defo checking em out again

Girlfriend went to her tripod gig said it was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

For me, it's all about Santigold........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Just wondering has anyone went down for 9am on the Friday before? Is there many people usually there? Would you get a good spot in the carpark? I want to be close as possible to the venue/campsite for walking back..might sleep in the car.

Thanks!

Advertisement