Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Just wondering has anyone went down for 9am on the Friday before? Is there many people usually there? Would you get a good spot in the carpark?

I am not sure early arrival necessarily guarantees a good spot in parking terms. You are at the mercy of the stewards and how they have organised the parking i.e. what fields they are using 1st etc. They might send you off down to some far corner as they are starting from there. I would say thats a bit hit and miss.

You would definitely get a good camping spot if you are down there for 9. We usually leave Dublin about 08.30 and get down between 09.30-10 - plenty of good camping arriving in and hour later...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

BananaR wrote: »
    I am not sure early arrival necessarily guarantees a good spot in parking terms. You are at the mercy of the stewards and how they have organised the parking i.e. what fields they are using 1st etc. They might send you off down to some far corner as they are starting from there. I would say thats a bit hit and miss.

You would definitely get a good camping spot if you are down there for 9. We usually leave Dublin about 08.30 and get down between 09.30-10 - plenty of good camping arriving in and hour later...

Cool thanks a million. I know what you're saying about the parking. I went 2 years ago and we got there late (about 4pm) and ended up in car park U (out of A-Z that was pretty far) so I'm just anxious not to be that far away this time. Thanks again for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

I went 2 years ago and we got there late (about 4pm) and ended up in car park U (out of A-Z that was pretty far)

Ah, You will def get much closer than that if you manage to get down during the morning - weather permitting that is. There was the year they had to close a load of the fields close to the site as they were waterlogged :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Great to see The Vaccines have announced. Ticket being purchased next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Whatever yer into, but I saw the Vaccines a while back and they were pretty lame, so I wouldn't expect too much.

Re: Youtubes, the song I've apparently played more than any other, according to my MP3 player, is -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Saw Twin Shadow last weekend in London, have them as my must see act at Picnic. Will not dissapoint live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Whatever yer into, but I saw the Vaccines a while back and they were pretty lame, so I wouldn't expect too much.
    I've seen them live before, very good band live. A bit of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Must have been living in a cave only herd of these in the last 24hrs. :o

Ra, Ra, Ra !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Hi there,

I've found a caravan for a good price. Are caravans ok or is it just campervans allowed??

This is what EP are saying re campervans:
    http://electricpicnic.ie/campervans

What I was looking at was a fold down caravan. Can anyone tell me if I'd have any issues there?

Cheers
    Bren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Hopefully The Kills are added, I notice they've a few days free after their UK appearance near the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Hi there,

I've found a caravan for a good price. Are caravans ok or is it just campervans allowed??

This is what EP are saying re campervans:
    http://electricpicnic.ie/campervans

What I was looking at was a fold down caravan. Can anyone tell me if I'd have any issues there?

Cheers
    Bren

Was in the campervan field last year and there was a good few caravans in in there. Don't think you'll have any problems.......

There was even 2 or 3 caravans there last year that people left after them on the Monday. I know this because we were the last people to leave the campervan field as most of my gang of friends were working at EP. Think people just bought a cheap caravan between groups of friends cos it is cheaper than renting a campervan for the weekend.

Thanks for that Rainbowdrop
    Campervans wishing to gain access must be purpose built live-in vehicles with inbuilt toilet and kitchen facilities. Normal commercial vans will not be permitted into Campervan field, even with a campervan ticket.

The caravan I was looking at is a folddown jobbie that does not have a toilet, can you see that being an issue? Do they inspect them as you go in or is it a case if it looks like a caravan and tastes like a caravan, it's probably a caravan :D

Thanks for you help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

aren't those folddown ones just a trailer basically until it's put up?
    little chance of it being allowed in if they're enforcing the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Re: Youtubes, the song I've apparently played more than any other, according to my MP3 player, is -

marry me?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

My girlfriend and I have two kids, aged 15 and 13 we were hoping to the electric picnic this year. Is there any problem taking kids into the concert venue and campsites? I'm hoping they won't be refused entry even with parents with them

We took them to Oxegen last year and we had no problem there at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

My girlfriend and I have two kids, aged 15 and 13 we were hoping to the electric picnic this year. Is there any problem taking kids into the concert venue and campsites? I'm hoping they won't be refused entry even with parents with them

Probably not if they look older than 12, security are strict on having no kids admitted above 12 years old.
    Oxegen is different, all ages can go.

I seen toddlers last year, like 2-3 years old. I don't think it will be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

It's over 18's and under 12's to keep drunken teenagers out so a 15 and 13 yr old might not get in.

Ah right, it's doubtful as Alter-Ego said

http://electricpicnic.ie/faq
    Q: Are there age restrictions?
    A: The festival is an Over 18 event, Photo ID must be presented on arrival if age is in question. However: Children aged 12 and under are permitted free of charge, no ticket required.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kwat

Four first-time EP goers heading down in a few weeks!

How far of a walk is it on average from the car-parks to the campsites? Any tips on best way of carrying everything in one go, or will we be looking at a couple of runs?
    I presume you're allowed back to the carpark as much as you like over the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

kwat wrote: »

How far of a walk is it on average from the car-parks to the campsites? Any tips on best way of carrying everything in one go, or will we be looking at a couple of runs?
    I presume you're allowed back to the carpark as much as you like over the weekend?
    You can come and go as you please. It's about 10 minutes to the first of the campsites. I nearly broke my back carrying and dragging everything last year so this year I'll be leaving stuff in the car and coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

kwat wrote: »

Less is more. We are going to buy our cans from the off licence in there, we’ll bring our own sprits (Remember in plastic bottles) but carrying cans in is hard work. Do everything in one go, once you walking into EP why would you want to leave again. Bring empty bottles for water; there are drinking water taps on site. I won't bother bringing food, loads of selection in there.

You can hire wheelbarrows or a trolleys also just inside the gate.

Remember this, the more stuff you have to bring in the more stuff you'll have to take with you back to the car. I've picked out two pairs of shoes, three pairs of jeans and three tops that I'm dumping into the bin on site. The auld rucksack with be alot lighter on the way home.

I can't fecking wait............

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Get fake Id's for your kids to make them under 12 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

re bringing your stuff to camp site

wheelie bins FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Has anyone here ever gone to EP (or any other music festival) by themselves before? I've unfortunately been unable to convince anyone to go with me; either they can't afford it or just aren't interested. :( Just wondering if anyone who went on their own before found it ok or was it a bit lonely/depressing? And would you do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

danniemcq wrote: »
    re bringing your stuff to camp site

wheelie bins FTW

Does it work?

I'v seen people attempt this before usually with little success. The small wheels work great on the road but fail miserably when its comes to the lumpy fields, dirts roads, gravel paths and forest tracks. Wheels are just too small. People end up dragging the thing.

The wheelbarrows with the big rubber wheels that you can rent just by the gate are they way to go. Or else a light load.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Has anyone here ever gone to EP (or any other music festival) by themselves before? I've unfortunately been unable to convince anyone to go with me; either they can't afford it or just aren't interested. :( Just wondering if anyone who went on their own before found it ok or was it a bit lonely/depressing? And would you do it again?

Thread on the EP forum about it.
    http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18634

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ghostpoet playing, on Saturday, according to his Facebook.

Body & Soul line-up out tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Quick question about bringing a child to EP. Do you just register the child, and that's it? Myself and my partner have tickets, and want to bring our 8 year old. We don't have a family ticket, and don't want to stay in the family camp ground anyway. There are normally families in the general camps anyway, so is it just a matter of registering them at http://electricpicnic.ie/kidsregister ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

jor el wrote: »
    Quick question about bringing a child to EP. Do you just register the child, and that's it? Myself and my partner have tickets, and want to bring our 8 year old. We don't have a family ticket, and don't want to stay in the family camp ground anyway. There are normally families in the general camps anyway, so is it just a matter of registering them at http://electricpicnic.ie/kidsregister ?

Yes, that's it.

Advertisement